Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 10:45 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there fungis on this server or not?
My understanding is one was apparently given to Zaide for ratting out a CSR that was playing on the server. It’s since been removed.

So all we know is there was at least one fungi tunic on the server. How many are there now? Don’t know.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexsar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding is one was apparently given to Zaide for ratting out a CSR that was playing on the server. It’s since been removed.

So all we know is there was at least one fungi tunic on the server. How many are there now? Don’t know.
Sounds like a pretty tight operation over there. I appreciate the transparency of letting people know that the staff is dicking around spawning items.
Old 11-24-2023, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like a pretty tight operation over there. I appreciate the transparency of letting people know that the staff is dicking around spawning items.
There are probably all kinds of items and spells ect. 'secretly' gifted to other players that are not supposed to be in game yet

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
Old 11-24-2023, 11:50 AM
Banned

Does anyone remember early Blue? I remember.

Running a server with peak over 2000 real time players is quite the task. Pleasing everyone is impossible. Learning from mistakes is the sign of maturity.

Players vote with their feet. Right now Quarm is doing amazing. The ebbs and flows will be real. Again doesn't anyone remember early Blue?
Old 11-24-2023, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are probably all kinds of items and spells ect. 'secretly' gifted to other players that are not supposed to be in game yet

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it
nah, it was just 1 fungi

the CSR got friendly with zaide on their player character and started feeding him CSR stuff

zaide narc'd and was awarded the fungi publicly...it was more or less to set the tone that CSR shenanigans wont be tolerated
Old 11-24-2023, 12:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone remember early Blue? I remember.

Running a server with peak over 2000 real time players is quite the task. Pleasing everyone is impossible. Learning from mistakes is the sign of maturity.

Players vote with their feet. Right now Quarm is doing amazing. The ebbs and flows will be real. Again doesn't anyone remember early Blue?
Oh I do, I remember VERY early blue when we had global /ooc because the pop was only about 200 and they were getting ddos'ed into oblivion for like a month straight. Seemed real loosey goosey and I was skeptical of continuing to play because I didn't think they'd make it through those early months.

I don't mean to give Quarm a hard time, I'm just a p99 loyalist because I still consider luclin to be the beginning of the end of everything I loved about the game. But I still appreciate the efforts anyone is willing to put in to make some form of the game available to play for free to people.

Spawning items that don't even exist in-game yet just sets off red flags for me, but again early p99 was pretty dodgy for a while too.
Old 11-24-2023, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I do, I remember VERY early blue when we had global /ooc because the pop was only about 200 and they were getting ddos'ed into oblivion for like a month straight. Seemed real loosey goosey and I was skeptical of continuing to play because I didn't think they'd make it through those early months.

I don't mean to give Quarm a hard time, I'm just a p99 loyalist because I still consider luclin to be the beginning of the end of everything I loved about the game. But I still appreciate the efforts anyone is willing to put in to make some form of the game available to play for free to people.

Spawning items that don't even exist in-game yet just sets off red flags for me, but again early p99 was pretty dodgy for a while too.
1 fungi won't break the server
Old 11-24-2023, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a slippery slope to nerd tyranny in elf land is all.

Also wrt people voting with their feet: I think many of the people currently on quarm are there to get legacy drops while they still can. AKA these people *would* be playing on a fresh p99 server, were there one. I'm not sure it's a fondness for planes of power as much as a horniness for fresh vanilla. Which I admit I'm pretty horny for too.

I do plan on rolling in late velious though if they're still chugging just to check out some post-velious stuff. Even though I didn't like it I still played it when it originally came out so I have some nostalgia for that stuff.
Old 11-24-2023, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
naive
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 11-24-2023, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
nah, it was just 1 fungi

the CSR got friendly with zaide on their player character and started feeding him CSR stuff

zaide narc'd and was awarded the fungi publicly...it was more or less to set the tone that CSR shenanigans wont be tolerated
New shenanigans don't cure old shenanigans.
Closed Thread