Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 09:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you either dont play a monk or are playing a monk wrong if you cant find the value of HEB

they are the best item a monk can have... i've seen bad monks made to look decent because of them tbh
Whats is the difference between beads and some stalking probes?

I could see it being uber valuable if you didnt have any alternatives, but you can get a few stalking probes for a few hundred pp and recharge them for 4pp. Also, they are instant cast, which is actually better. And with monk sneak, you can recharge them anywhere.

By the time you'd have broken even with HEB and recharging probes you'd have quit the game already.

i can see a lot better uses with 3-500k then beads... but thats just me. You could buy a bard or mage epic and have a much more novel experience, rather than buying something you can already do in a similar capacity.

Root nets, stalking probes, sow pots... or am i missing something with HEB thats justifies getting them?
Old 03-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by oqrelord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whats is the difference between beads and some stalking probes?

I could see it being uber valuable if you didnt have any alternatives, but you can get a few stalking probes for a few hundred pp and recharge them for 4pp. Also, they are instant cast, which is actually better. And with monk sneak, you can recharge them anywhere.

By the time you'd have broken even with HEB and recharging probes you'd have quit the game already.

i can see a lot better uses with 3-500k then beads... but thats just me. You could buy a bard or mage epic and have a much more novel experience, rather than buying something you can already do in a similar capacity.

Root nets, stalking probes, sow pots... or am i missing something with HEB thats justifies getting them?
Just my opinion, but i like bag space. Id rather have one slot that gives eyes perma vs using 8-10 slots of probes and having to recharge constantly
Old 03-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just my opinion, but i like bag space. Id rather have one slot that gives eyes perma vs using 8-10 slots of probes and having to recharge constantly
And that is very true, its definitely a quality of life improvement. But for what youre actually getting vs what youre paying its very extreme.

There is nothing you can do with a HEB that will be a game changer that you cant do already.

Im just writing to let people know that, with 3-400k you could do so much more and have more fun than buying a HEB. Its your money though, so its up to you.

But quantify lets say on avg 500p an hour that would mean almost 1000 hours spent to afford something you can already do without. Just seems like an excessively expensive purchase.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

The server is 10 years old, has zero money sinks, will never wipe, and will never have another expansion. With those factors any kind of semi-useful item that is drop-restricted is going to be inflated as fuck.
Old 03-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server is 10 years old, has zero money sinks, will never wipe, and will never have another expansion. With those factors any kind of semi-useful item that is drop-restricted is going to be inflated as fuck.
False. 200K + a week in recharges from the top guilds is a huge money sink.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oqrelord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And that is very true, its definitely a quality of life improvement. But for what youre actually getting vs what youre paying its very extreme.

There is nothing you can do with a HEB that will be a game changer that you cant do already.

Im just writing to let people know that, with 3-400k you could do so much more and have more fun than buying a HEB. Its your money though, so its up to you.

But quantify lets say on avg 500p an hour that would mean almost 1000 hours spent to afford something you can already do without. Just seems like an excessively expensive purchase.
Time is more valuable than plat that you're making anyway simply playing the game. Who wants to spend a half hour after every session running to a vendor?
Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time is more valuable than plat that you're making anyway simply playing the game. Who wants to spend a half hour after every session running to a vendor?
I guess in summation, my advice is for anyone who is curious or is thinking about acquiring a HEB for personal use should try out stalking probes first.

That will give you an idea of whether or not the investment is worth it for you at a very low cost.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:04 AM
Banned

market manipulation is part of the game
Old 03-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Market manipulation only works to a degree.

Patience and posting on the forums, checking EC, and checking the auction sites is prob enough to protect you.

TStaff is an example of crazy price jumps. There was speculation price would rocket when triple attack is patched in for monks. If TStaff is the BIS tradeable DPS weapon for monks then it will certainly jump in price to a degree. However, when I saw people asking 50k I tried selling for 50k for 2 months b/c it wasn't worth 50k to me. No one bit. When I finally included it in a trade it was valued below 50k. Later, when I farmed up some more money I was ready to buy for 37-39k and lo and behold, no one would sell to me. It wasn't until I started getting closer 40-43k that people would bite. So yeah things probably valued around 42-46 now a days but take your time if you want to buy or sell an item like that.

So yes, maybe some people manipulate the market but take your time in EC, check the forums, post in the forums, ask your guild. If no one is biting your price is off. If you have 100 offers immediately you're probably selling too low or offering too much. In the end it's just a game and you prob don't need a PHD in economics to make sure you're not getting ripped off.
Last edited by mefdinkins; 03-07-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 03-07-2018, 03:31 PM
Banned

WTS Evil Eye Lens (14 charges) now only 49.5k PST immediately this offer will NOT last
Closed Thread