Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

I am embarrassed to say that I don't even know what a manastone is. I never heard of the item when I started playing on live (oct 2000 so just before velious) and I never heard of it here on blue when I first started playing p99 in 2018.

I assume it's an item that helps you regen mana. I've lived without it for so long that I suppose it won't matter if I keep living without it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-11-2019, 08:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there actually any downside to just doubling or tripling the droprate? There's going to be hundreds of these things in the game by the time they no longer drop, what does it matter if it's hundreds or thousands? Somebody is legitimately going to get hurt or die camping this and it's literally just a stupid pixel trinket on an emulated server of a 20 year old game.

I understand the developers here are in love with their gimmick of making these servers "classic" and it's a cute dream but ultimately this server is a nostalgia toybox and it's not worth going thru this bullshit over. Just make the damn stone drop super fast and have a LIFETIME lockout on getting one per account
I don’t like this argument because you can distill the entire game down to “stupid pixel trinkets on an emulated server.” Almost everything we do in EQ boils down to camping mobs for prolonged periods of time for pixels. The manastone camp is absolutely no different. If this isn’t your thing then you’re playing the wrong game. I just finished killing Hasten and other PHs over and over for 12 hours and my payoff was far less than a manastone.
Old 11-11-2019, 08:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard to believe because I don't believe it.
There will be many more with similar times, like the guy above you.
Old 11-11-2019, 09:26 PM
Server GM

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WOW! That's a blast from the past. Wargames with a very young Matthew Broderick.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Banned

Old 11-11-2019, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

One per account you say?

*creates new account for free*

*powerlevels halfling warrior 1-35 with 50 druid buddy*

*gets manastone*

*repeat*

There is no good solution, only a decision. Get it. Or don't.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiQuid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there actually any downside to just doubling or tripling the droprate? There's going to be hundreds of these things in the game by the time they no longer drop, what does it matter if it's hundreds or thousands? Somebody is legitimately going to get hurt or die camping this and it's literally just a stupid pixel trinket on an emulated server of a 20 year old game.

I understand the developers here are in love with their gimmick of making these servers "classic" and it's a cute dream but ultimately this server is a nostalgia toybox and it's not worth going thru this bullshit over. Just make the damn stone drop super fast and have a LIFETIME lockout on getting one per account
If there's one thing I've learned from living in a technologically advanced liberal democracy for my entire life, it's that making people's lives easier has disastrous consequences. Once you start mitigating the effects of natural selection, the party's over.

I guess what I'm trying to say saying is that you shouldn't stop the guy with the cleft pallet and weirdly spaced eyes from sticking his tongue in an exposed power outlet if that's what he wants to do.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there's one thing I've learned from living in a technologically advanced liberal democracy for my entire life, it's that making people's lives easier has disastrous consequences. Once you start mitigating the effects of natural selection, the party's over.

I guess what I'm trying to say saying is that you shouldn't stop the guy with the cleft pallet and weirdly spaced eyes from sticking his tongue in an exposed power outlet if that's what he wants to do.
Yes, preventing that person from dying will have disastrous consequences.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Make these mobs FFA. Whoever does the most damage gets the loot. Still ban people for intentionally training and whatnot though.
Closed Thread