Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2021, 11:45 PM
Banned

speaking on dating, i will say this. the fact that JD had been fat and lost all the weight was a big resume builder in the dating phase [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Less about vanity and more about the demonstrated steel in so doing!
Old 10-10-2021, 02:14 PM
Banned

Doing the same (very populated) hike again today and there’s a spot where cell signal is lost due to the top blocking the nearest cell tower

And since my music is all screeching loud edm from YouTube, no signal no music and so I have to listen to everyone’s banter

My music kicks off and this couple going up in front of me going down are having this loud argument. Then I hear the guy say “this is why I didn’t want to bring you, be single” and both of them power away going different paths (still up) trying to get ahead of the other person

I’m sitting here thinking ok that was awkward as fuck for all of us to have to listen to, but I’m glad you’re putting that just-broke-up-in-public energy to constructive use! Hiking! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Banned

I spents years in the adirondacks. Just day hikes or are you doing overnights yet? 1000s of miles on my feets
Old 10-10-2021, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

I for sure exceed this by quite a lot. Skating 15 miles a day. My road bicycle that I bought in I think 2010 or 2011 probably has 1/4 million miles on it, and it's still on the original wheel bearings. Fucking shoutout Giant.

Thanks to skating and riding bicycles (and hell, just being an active human) my legs looks like this

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ohh, p.s. Speaking of dating, I got rejected / stood up / ghosted 6 times in the past 3 weeks. Feels great man. Dating women in 2021 is fucking awesome.
Last edited by GinnasP99; 10-10-2021 at 04:35 PM..
Old 10-10-2021, 08:14 PM
Banned

Most of my physical activity today consisted of me sitting in a chair doing some organizing.
Old 10-10-2021, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ohh, p.s. Speaking of dating, I got rejected / stood up / ghosted 6 times in the past 3 weeks. Feels great man. Dating women in 2021 is fucking awesome.
It’s just a numbers game. Dunno your method, but I find your chances of being ghosted go up exponentially if you do online dating vs someone you met at a public place, or at work, or though a friend, or just about any other way

Not to be sexist but women on average tend to get more attention than men ESPECIALLY online. So at any given time, the girl you are messaging may have 10 other guys sending her messages at the same time. What she’s doing is arranging them into a hierarchy in her mind, and as soon as you start to slip towards the bottom of that, you could be ghosted at any time, for any reason. I personally never look too negatively or critically about something I did and just assume I was low on her hierarchy and someone higher up became a more viable option

The funny thing is the same thing is happening to the girl. There is a good chance she might have been #3 on the hierarchy of the guy who was #1 in hers. So she flakes on you for him, he flakes on her for someone else, and then a week or 2 later you get a message back from her. This has happened to me in the past. Of course it’s always a different story such as I wasn’t checking my mail, dealing with personal stuff, and all of those could be true. But I always consider the possibility that one of her higher ups just ghosted her the same way she ghosted me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But yeah ghosting happens a lot in online dating. All the time basically
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-10-2021 at 08:17 PM..
Old 10-10-2021, 08:32 PM
Banned

Ghosting is the new normal way to interact.

Honestly I hate real time relationships. Conversations. I need an ascii buffer.
Old 10-10-2021, 08:35 PM
Banned

Oh, as someone who's been able to do moderately well on the online scene, some things I have learned:

#1: never ever ever have a shirtless pic of you in your bathroom mirror on your dating profile. Doesn't matter how big you are, you could be Arnold, just don't do it. It's considered low brow among most women, moreso the older you get. If you want to do some shirtless flexing, the best way to do it is a pic of you doing some activity, ideally in a setting where being shirtless is appropriate. Such as you at a backyard BBQ in your bathing suit holding a beer. Perfect shirtless pic. Never do bathroom mirror. Ask your friends to help you set it up if you need, if they're good friends, they might give you some shit about it, but they should help

And if you want to get the perfect aesthetic pic, it's not gonna happen clicking the flash button holding your phone in your hand. If you are serious and have the time, the better way to do it is prop your phone up on something and record a video. Then pretend you are a bodybuilder and try out some poses on video. Cheerleaders are told to smile when posing because it makes the audience like them more, and the same goes true for this, try to have a smile or pleasant expression when posing. Then go through the video and find frames you like. Boom perfect pic. This is a pretty nerdy way to get a great pic, more of what an instagram model would do, the only reason I ever did it was I used to put lifting progress pics up on Reddit's Physique Friday's threads, which used to get a lot of upvotes (I'd only do it once or twice a year though, not like the bodybuilders there who put one up every friday). That was until Reddit FUUUUUCKING banned me for WrongThink

#2: Have most pics of you smiling, and have pics of you with people. Smiling always better than any other expression in terms of making people like you, studies have shown. With people means you are sociable

#3: Cute pet pics kill it online. Chicks love cute pet pics. Even if it's a pet you no longer have (maybe it died from old age years ago), throw that shit up there, it's just to get your foot in the door and a response. Your profile is only going to be glanced over for 5 seconds by 99% of people, you need every edge you can get

#4: In terms of the body of the profile, no Dear Diary super long life story, no "this is what I don't want" shit. The first no one is going to read, and the second sounds too negative and pushes people away. Just some witty, short, list of things you like to do for fun and stuff about yourself

Anyway, that's all I can think of off the top of my head, gotta go to gym, BBL
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-10-2021 at 08:38 PM..
Old 10-10-2021, 08:39 PM
Banned

Unsunghero a pro at online dating bros.

Listen up.
Old 10-10-2021, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread