Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Kobold

Default Necro Feign Death Spell

Can someone give me a refresher on why Necro FD would fail or under what circumstances mobs ignore it? I have died a couple of times in instances where my FD seems to have gone off without a hitch.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone give me a refresher on why Necro FD would fail or under what circumstances mobs ignore it? I have died a couple of times in instances where my FD seems to have gone off without a hitch.
There's a number of circumstances FD will fail.

1.) The mob is in mid swing, so after the FD triggers, the mob finishes it's swing and hits you, basically breaking your FD
2.) There's a spell being cast on you, thats still in process. If the casting is started, and you FD - the spell will still land, and break FD
3.) I know on live, originally - you couldnt FD with DOT's on you, because the next tick would notify the mob you were still alive. Not sure how it works here.
4.) FD does not always completly wipe the agro list, so if you FD - then stand up, there's lots of circumstances where they'll come back after you.
5.) Your bet being up / attacking can have something to do with FD working...though I dont remember the ramifications, just that it can happen.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

It's quite possible you *think* it went off without a hitch, and simply missed the 'Nozron has fallen to the ground' fail message in the battle spam.

It's rare, but FD failing does happen. You still fall to the ground, the mob just doesn't believe you.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2.) There's a spell being cast on you, thats still in process. If the casting is started, and you FD - the spell will still land, and break FD
Note on this one - if you resist, your FD won't break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Leapfrogging is a dick move. It's not about "rules" or "ZOMG IT HAPPENED ON MY SERVER ITS FAIR".
Truth.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

If for some strange reason you have your auto-attack *actually* on as a necro.... you will fail feign 100% of the time when you cast the spell.

Monks have it second nature to automatically turn off attack while feigning. Necros, who usually aren't attacking, can have that slip up now and then if they have attack on while /assisting someone or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Kobold

I am reasonably sure when I died last night I was dotted by Goblin Blightcaller with a disease dot. I guess I don't remember how it worked on Live. I thought I remembered you could feign while dotted and while you would take the damage the mob would no longer aggro.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monks have it macro'd to automatically turn off attack while feigning.
Might be helpful for a necro to do the same. Sure seems like it can't hurt anyways. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Another 'it-can't-hurt' tip is to make an audio trigger for "[yourname] has fallen to the ground," so you'll have a distinct cue each time your FD fails.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

I made an audio trigger for fizzles and now I'm deaf. Would not recommend.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakyuno [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1.) The mob is in mid swing, so after the FD triggers, the mob finishes it's swing and hits you, basically breaking your FD

Not true
Old 08-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Fire Giant

On my lowbie necro, I've noticed that
1) Non-damaging spell effects (like drowsy) didn't break feign death.
2) Already applied DoT's did not break feign death.
3) Feign death will just randomly fail.
4) Necro applied DoTs on the mob will continue to run, however they do not generate aggro on the necro unless the necro stands up during one of the ticks. If the mob dies while FD'd, you do not get credit for the kill (it vanishes like an NPC kill without a corpse).
1 and 2 were observed while hunting casters in LOIO. 4 I noticed at Aviak village. 3 was just unfortunate.
Closed Thread