Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Default Least Played Class?

Just curious what the three least played classes on red are?

Ranger / Paladin / Mage??
Old 02-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah sounds about right.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

I have 2/3 of those... so I guess my vote goes to Paladin?

They start off weak and stay weak throughout game... can't kill shit... stuns OP low level for stopping gate casts and ganking casters I guess but don't get stun til like 30? So they bloom late, and by then their DPS is too weak to manhandle someone trying to gate probably anyways...

Ranger on other hand start off very strong very early and are a really fun pvp class til 30ish.

Mage is the worst fucking class ever... literally. My mage is parked at 44 and while I can gank people like a wizard if I play smart, I am fully aware I am just running around on a gimped wizard with weak nukes, almost zero utility or mobility spells, and little to no survivability. That said, I've killed necros, wizards, etc. and haven't ever had to gate from another caster, and my spell set now stays pvp oriented at all times.

But seriously, mages suck ass... best pet in the game, lowest PVP survivability in the game, because they were purely class balanced for PVE gameplay based on uber pets which are worth nothing in PVP combat.

To give you an idea of how much mages suck in PVP.... have you seen one single person mention mages when they bitch about malo/tash? Mages have bigger nukes, AND get SV debuff line 1 spell behind shaman basically, and yet no one mentions it because they suck THAT MUCH. lol

That said I have seen a LOT of newb mages... including dark elf ones hiding in CB castle sending pets out to attack newbs, and several trying to sick pet and run away in blackburrow that I ganked on my newb ranger pre lvl 10 (seriously, like 4 different newb mages lvl 4-12 or so that would sick pet and try to run)
Old 02-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

I will also say I NEVER seen necros.... like... there are 3 necros I have enocunted in the wild in the last 3 months I think? One duo's with a shaman, one I made gate on my mage in OT... the third I almost killed in Oasis 1v2 on my mage against a wizard and him. I did wait for the necro to have a spectre on his pet before engaging so it was basically me and my pet vs wiz and necro, but still... wizard got wrecked and necro gated while being wrecked. I am not certain that they aren't actually less common and powerful than mage in real world...

Curious what rank top rated mage on server is? Mage sucks but also sets bar exceptionally low I think so I've contemplated taking mage all the way just to be the best at worst class haha. Underdog wins no matter what... you kill the worst class as a better class, not so special.... you get killed by worst class, shame on you.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Mages suck at the high end because most PVP is around a zoneline, they are tied for the squishiest class in the game and have no defensive abilities besides gate.

Paladins get pretty good PVP in Velious with their HoT, especially if their damage disc works on players like it did on live at release.

Rangers get pretty solid in PVP in Velious too, but are pretty lame on r99 without windstriker, and with the current state of PVP (debuff/blindfest) even windstriker is minimized.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:39 PM
Banned

Endgame Necromancer hands down wins. Can't pay attention to lower lvls much as most of those players will either retire them or never hit 60 with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages suck at the high end because most PVP is around a zoneline, they are tied for the squishiest class in the game and have no defensive abilities besides gate.

Paladins get pretty good PVP in Velious with their HoT, especially if their damage disc works on players like it did on live at release.

Rangers get pretty solid in PVP in Velious too, but are pretty lame on r99 without windstriker, and with the current state of PVP (debuff/blindfest) even windstriker is minimized.
Stop talking about pvp, you giving pvp advice is like a virgin trying to sell a "How to get laid" Book he wrote.
Last edited by Swyft; 02-16-2015 at 04:45 PM..
Old 02-16-2015, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

If mage pet was properly balanced like players in regard to control spells, they'd at least be semi viable, though still no defense, no real versatility in combat, and completely fucked on zoneline PVP...

I can't imagine anyone actively PVP's on a mage with any real success given current red99 mechanics. I can't think of any class as helpless as a petless mage. Literally, your most offensive advantage is just not even summoning the pet so people worry you might be a wizard or enchanter... lol can be fun setting up an attack and getting good kills though. YT'ing another caster 1v1 feels awesome, especially a wizard. Seasoned PVP'ers should dunk any mage though really
Old 02-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Endgame Necromancer hands down wins. Can't pay attention to lower lvls much as most of those players will either retire them or never hit 60 with them.

Stop talking about pvp, you giving pvp advice is like a virgin trying to sell a "How to get laid" Book he wrote.
I have 2 kills for every level 60 I have on r99. So like 12-14 kills.

I'm an expert on avoiding pvp and which classes are overpowered, especially defensively.

I also know all vendors that sell gate potions and the quickest route to them.

get rekt
Old 02-16-2015, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have 2 kills for every level 60 I have on r99. So like 12-14 kills.

I'm an expert on avoiding pvp and which classes are overpowered, especially defensively.

I also know all vendors that sell gate potions and the quickest route to them.

get rekt
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tell me again how that avoiding pvp thing is working out for you Mr.Expert?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:00 PM
Banned

mages have no defense, no hp and generally get stomped very fast in pvp, expect to be targeted first

epic pet has horrible dps and stun is high resist, even if you are lucky enough to get it.

paladins do shit dps and generally suck, necros are cool but they have a very long cast time on pretty much everything, and against melees they get wrecked

dont play any of those 3 imo, if you want to help raid guild / cleric

want to slay nerds? wiz or rogue
Closed Thread