Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will Trump Leave On His own?
Yes 41 36.28%
No 72 63.72%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2020, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most people, Christian and non-Christian/atheist, alike, misinterpret the bible, so I'll give you some leeway and explicate here.

Christ chastised the pharisees, and saducees sects because they had transfigured judaism to a system of rote legalism and materialism; ultimately removing God from the equation and positing themselves and the egotistical nature of man in it's stead.

There's plenty of examples of Christ, and by extension his immediate disciples, confronting and dilineating that God's qualm with humanity is Ego. The pride comes before the fall as they say.

That is not to say that Christ took issue with usury specifically. The parable of the talents is a direct mandate for christians to invest and utilize compounding growth (which existed in banks even back then) to increase ones wealth.

A "talent" was essentially the average adult male's weight in silver (70-80kg) in roman times.

After the master leaves his slaves with their "talents", upon his return he praises the two slaves who grew the investment, while chastising the slave who buried his talent and only had the original capital to show for it, stating he could've simply depositted it in the bank and earned interest, then he takes the talent from that slave and gives it to the slave who gained the most profit of the other two, where Jesus then states that from those who have nothing, more will be taken, and to those who have most more will be given.

This concept that Christ was against usury entirely, cannot be substantiated by scripture.

This was a post-hoc addition by the amalgamation of the roman state and the burgeoning catholic church, as well as how this incorporated/conflicted the Jewish segment of the roman commonwealth. That is, the roman empire had a great number of special exceptions, specifically to the advantage of the Jewish people's; who it was fiscally indebted to during the rise of Christianity.

Hope this helps.
That's a stretch. Jesus spends his entire life championing the cause of and defending the poor, and you interpret a biblical figure rewarding his most productive slaves as a wholesale endorsement of modern predatory Republican crony capitalism.

Oh god lol

Whatever lets you reconcile your hatred of the poor with your religion, I guess
Old 11-25-2020, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

"Republican crony capitalism" and don't forget the Democrats won the Nobel Peace Prize for dropping the most bombs on people in Yemen, Syria, Libya, and Iraq.
Don't give us that two-party bullshit. Both are evil to the core it a fuckin money-grab.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

I think invest in talents means like buy farm equipment and grow more food for your village, not reverse leverage option puts with the local rabbi.
Old 11-25-2020, 05:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think invest in talents means like buy farm equipment and grow more food for your village, not reverse leverage option puts with the local rabbi.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2020, 06:30 PM
Banned

You know what it is? I'll tell you what it is.

It's anti-Italian discrimination.

Columbus day is a day of Italian pride. It's our holiday and they wanna take it away.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:40 PM
Banned

Columbus killed indian though and therefor bad.

Am I going to move to a different country since I'm living on "stolen land"?? Pffff fuck no, however I will inform you of how very bad and mean columbus was for pking indians.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know what it is? I'll tell you what it is.

It's anti-Italian discrimination.

Columbus day is a day of Italian pride. It's our holiday and they wanna take it away.
In Napoli, a lot of people are not so happy for Columbus... because he was from Genoa

The north of Italy always have the money and the power. They punish the south, since hundreds of years. Even today, they put up their nose at us like we're peasants. I hate the north.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Donny Two-Scoops pardoned a second turkey
Old 11-25-2020, 09:36 PM
Planar Protector

Thought you guys would appreciate this game, I took some picks I havent tried it yet but lol what weird thing to make a game about.

Closed Thread