Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 09:40 PM
Orc

I noticed https://wiki.project1999.com/Tyrana_Slil
has map coordinates that correspond to a specific map level of the dungeon.

If I made 2 levels for Freeport East, then one would have to go through all the creatures in Freeport East and set their coordinates to the underground level if they are down there?

Edit: So after some experimentation with paint editor, I might go with this for the underground level?
Not a final product, but my intention of how to show underground and use the above ground map so people know their relationship.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unddrground.jpg (20.7 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-26-2019 at 10:03 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

I made the "loc map" system work for multiple levels (to support places like Highkeep and Erudin).

Basically, "mappers" can create three (or however many) maps for a zone (each one with a separate testGrid data set), and specify "this one is level 0, this is level 1, and this is level 2".

When someone visits an NPC who is in that zone, the wiki will look at their "Loc" entry, and if it just has two numbers it will show the level 1 map. But if the entry says "Basement' or "Level 0" in front of the numbers, the wiki will instead show the map for that level.

So feel free to break maps into as many parts as you want, the wiki can support it! The hard part is that it means doing more testGrid work.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But since I made up the rules after the fact, and since your guide does have all of the guild directions (which weren't required), I'll award you 1k now, and 2k if you make the above improvements (the extra .5k coming from the fact that you chose Cabilis, which has more starting zones than any other city, and thus requires extra work).
I'll get cracking. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:46 PM
Orc

Freeport East
Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'FreeportEast-Grid.jpg',
    height: 847,
    width: 1055,
    zeroX: 226,
    zeroY: 303,
    interval: 500,
    maxX: 500,
    maxY: 1000,
    minX: -3000,
    minY: -2500,
    zoomX: 0.25,
    zoomY: 0.25
})
Freeport East Underground
Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'FreeportEast-Basement-Grid.jpg',
    height: 366,
    width: 800,
    zeroX: 251,
    zeroY: 57,
    maxY: 0,
    minX: -1000,
    minY: -500,
    zoomX: 0.418,
    zoomY: 0.418
})
Freeport North
Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'FreeportNorth-Grid.jpg',
    height: 601,
    width: 683,
    zeroX: 376,
    zeroY: 283,
    interval: 200,
    maxX: 800,
    maxY: 600,   
    minX: -600,
    minY: -600,
    zoomX: 0.39,
    zoomY: 0.39
})
Old 09-27-2019, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

I've been meaning to post a thumbs up on this thread
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Freeport East
Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'FreeportEast-Grid.jpg',
    height: 847,
    width: 1055,
    zeroX: 226,
    zeroY: 303,
    maxY: 1000,
    minX: -3000,
    minY: -2500,
    zoomX: 0.25,
    zoomY: 0.25
})
Freeport East Underground
Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'FreeportEast-Basement-Grid.jpg',
    height: 366,
    width: 800,
    zeroX: 251,
    zeroY: 57,
    maxY: 0,
    minX: -1000,
    minY: -500,
    zoomX: 0.418,
    zoomY: 0.418
})
Freeport North
Code:
testGrid({
    image: 'FreeportNorth-Grid.jpg',
    height: 601,
    width: 683,
    zeroX: 376,
    zeroY: 283,
    interval: 200,
    maxX: 800,
    maxY: 600,   
    minX: -600,
    minY: -600,
    zoomX: 0.39,
    zoomY: 0.39
})
AWESOME! Freeport is now loc mapped, and that means we now have every old world city loc-mapped, except Neriak and part of Erudin.

By the way, I tried playing around at combining your maps with the EQ Atlas ones, in the hope that we could have a single map that is both helpful and loc-accurate. I thought maybe if I stretched/skewed the EQ Atlas one until it overlapped your's properly, it be possible ... but man, that EQ Atlas map isn't accurate at all.

So then I tried something else: adding numbers ...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Here's the EQ Atlas one for comparison:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I think if we did something like the first one (and I'm 100% open to suggestions if anyone more artistic thinks a different color, circles instead of squares, or whatever would look better), I think the result would be good enough to just replace the EQ Atlas one as the default wiki map.

Thoughts?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:03 PM
Orc

The main benefit of the EQ maps is they have clear lines depicting walls and doors. Although some doors have been marked incorrectly.
Takes a lot of work to manually add all that.(id probly not do it, not for a long time)
But otherwise adding numbers, maybe even including the legend on the map is an idea.

Also the grid maps for the loc feature on the wiki were made to contain the entire map which means some of them(west/east) are huge and contain barren land which still has spawns and was necessary for the loc feature, but its typically irrelevant to quick city information.
So I'd probably cut these maps down to just the perspective of the buildings, similar to EQ atlas.

Also, what's a good internet backup site for storing all the project data for the maps that others could have readable access to? Google is an option.
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-27-2019 at 10:12 PM..
Old 09-27-2019, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main benefit of the EQ maps is they have clear lines depicting walls and doors. Although some doors have been marked incorrectly.
Takes a lot of work to manually add all that.(id probly not do it, not for a long time)
Ah, I hadn't thought about that, but you're absolutely right. Maybe someday I'll add them ... and/or numbers ... and/or a legend ... but for now I don't feel a pressing need either.

Quote:
Also the grid maps for the loc feature on the wiki were made to contain the entire map which means some of them(west/east) are huge and contain barren land which still has spawns and was necessary for the loc feature, but its typically irrelevant to quick city information.
So I'd probably cut these maps down to just the perspective of the buildings, similar to EQ atlas.
Sounds great to me, if you have the time to do so. Just PM me the updated grid data after you upload the images.

Quote:
Also, what's a good internet backup site for storing all the project data for the maps that others could have readable access to? Google is an option.
Well any images can obviously be stored in the wiki itself, but if you mean like photoshop/gimp files ... I think anywhere you can find that that will host them for free works [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] The wiki can always have external links to wherever.

P.S. If you want to collect your Blue plat PM a time when you'll be on so we can meet up.

Old 09-27-2019, 10:45 PM
Orc

Map storage:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dP...OvbZas-0U5Wfl4
Code:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dPmxD-i-aoovO6yaTOvbZas-0U5Wfl4
Add a capital X at the end of that url. This is to prevent possible spam which would eventually kill the link.
Last edited by Eggbell; 09-27-2019 at 10:48 PM..
Old 09-30-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Still a lot of Locations missing for individual npc pages. Excellent chance for anyone to get some wiki cred
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread