Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, I recall Salem & Lite all the time in Guk / Sol B during classic and during the constant 24/7 pvp over naggy / evil eye, etc. o wait nope never saw either of u.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Sektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I recall Salem & Lite all the time in Guk / Sol B during classic and during the constant 24/7 pvp over naggy / evil eye, etc. o wait nope never saw either of u.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffpuppy View Post
Saint Sektor cleansing the server of sick humans. This guy deserves VIP / Contributor status.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Banned

Lite was like lvl 35 kiting butcherblock when server had 5 people pre kunark
Old 03-11-2014, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lolin at this thrad

Surstromming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-wQhSuf6mM
Old 03-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

To answer the thread's title, I don't think anybody wants azrael to disband. You guys are where you need to be. On a personal note, some of you guys need to chill the fuck out and help the server once in a while.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 03-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

No they are the only ones trying to help the server Eslade.

On a side note, would some day 1 player take it upon themselves to compose a brief written history of this server from as neutral perspective as possible? I'm a relative newcomer and it would be interedasting to hear the tales of yesteryear.
Last edited by Kergan; 03-11-2014 at 02:31 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 02:27 PM
Banned

I'm probably one of the best people to tell the tale considering I was present during Classic era but not affiliated to either of the high end contesting guilds, and remained an independent through a large portion of kunark as well.

Just an honest un-biased recalling of the early times of the server, ya know?
Old 03-11-2014, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm probably one of the best people to tell the tale considering I was present during Classic era but not affiliated to either of the high end contesting guilds, and remained an independent through a large portion of kunark as well.

Just an honest un-biased recalling of the early times of the server, ya know?
Sounds good go for it!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lite never played here in classic. Azrael didnt exist when manastone was in game.
o but he did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No they are the only ones trying to help the server Eslade.

On a side note, would some day 1 player taken upon themselves to compose a brief written history of this server from as neutral perspective as possible? I'm a relative newcomer and it would be interedasting to hear the tales of yesteryear.
Server launch was pushed forward despite numerous issues still needing correcting / being debated on forum such as the ruleset / resists / ac in pvp / YT, etc. Pop was 600~ approx on launch, but instantly plummeted without guard assist, terrible resists, etc. Wizards / Mages could one shot people as pvp nukes did 100% dmg in pvp, recharging was exploited for red wood wands, and mage swords procced like 1000x a second. People also exploited the "group member out of zone" bug to get full exp with a pet. Many of those bugs were fixed after these people exploited them to be 40+, and there was no repercussions for having done so.

Nihilum was formed out of IF / OOT, and downed Naggy. Holocaust was seen as more abrasive and "toxic" but weren't really that awful in hindsight, and prolly far tamer than Azrael is. They started slower, leveled slower, due to not knowing p99 mechanics and choosing mostly melees as opposed to Nihilum. Holocaust had their base of operations as Lower Guk with Nihilum being mainly in Sol B.

Eventually, Holocaust caught up in levels to Nihilum, and began shitting on them in mass pvp. It really wasn't even close. However, Holocaust was unable to down the dragon after the pvp due to pve inexperience on p99, and nihilum would just plug / camp out and wait for Holocaust to say fuck it and go to sleep, then slay the dragon.

When I joined Nihilum, we did Nagafen, and arguably exploited it. Nihilum claims it was bugged and that the GM's wouldn't reset Nagafen, despite numerous prior requests and exploit posts, and therefore said fuck it and killed him. I have no idea if that's accurate or not, but we killed Nagafen in tranix room where he didn't do his AOE's. I later left Nihilum and revealed how Nihilum killed Nagafen to Holocaust, who abused it in a rather blatant way, basically duoing Nagafen, as opposed to how Nihilum actually brought a raid and at least ostensibly tried to do it legit supposedly.

Holocaust did this two nagafens in a row, and all holocaust members online, even those lowbies and those not in the zone, were suspended for two weeks, and officers perma banned. A huge shit show took place on the forums, resulting in holocaust bans being undone, and multiple nagafen & vox loots from both guilds being deleted by Rogean based on some arbitrary decision of which dragons were killed legit and which weren't.

The way the decision was handled basically turned holocaust off to the server, and though they did come back 2 weeks later and shit on Nihilum in mass pvp again, they ended up wiping on Nagafen @ like 6% after Sojourner manastoned to low hp aggro pulling naggy on the raid, and most people rage quit forever. The only real other guild on the server, Uprising, all ended up merging with Nihilum, and nihilum became like 95% of the level 50 population on the server. The End. Nihilum dominated ever since as the pop had plummeted, and basically anyone level 42+ was effectively in the guild.

Holocaust tried to come back under Gongshow, but there were never enough people, and the only other guild Founding Fathers, took more interest in fighting Holocaust then working with them to fight Nihilum. There was a brief window where it seemed as though maybe Holocaust would put up a fight again, but an interesting call on CT DT Aggro by Amelinda [you were allowed to aggro him to grief on blue, but then it was changed on Red after prior approval due to basically the retarded grief of it] pissed off some people leading them to quitting. In my opinion, it really didn't matter as it was ridiculous to be able to bind under CT, and those people were really only playing over spring break and were going to quit anyway. Holocaust members would literally bind themselves under CT to run the DT Chain 24/7. Eventually, the few holocaust players left ended up joining Founding Fathers, we beat Nihilum for a few days in a row for Nagafen, but we were again never able to kill Nagafen, as Nihilum members would stay up till 4am bolting us through walls with mages and pelling our members on engage etc. This was incredibly demoralizing to FF as even though we won the PVP, they would relentlessly grief the raid until everyone got tired and had to go to sleep. People stopped logging on, and the server became literally single digit pop outside of raids. Nizzar quit around this time for D3 and the server had 1 person on @ some points during Euro hours.

Shortly before Kunark, Samwise returned and launched Vae Victus, a leveling guild, global ooc went in, and some newbs started trying the server out. I came back after a three month hiatus, helped Samwise out and ultimately tried to turn it into a raiding guild reformed as Red Dawn. Sometime around this point Lite, a level 30 something bard, showed up on the scene and asked to be an officer of RD. Never had heard of the guy but he kept pressing me on the subject so I officer tagged him. Kunark launched, 70~ nihilum killed VS day 1, and RD just tried to level up. It culminated in a draco kill and some progress in sky, but it eventually blew up due to tensions between myself, lite & noah. Lite made his own guild, I said fuck it and joined Nihilum, and that was that.

Eventually some holo players and other people returned, Azrael was able to unite every single person on the server not tagged Nihilum for about 10-14 days, and they stole a couple of trakanons and one static respawn day. Nihilum hadn't been contested in over a year, so they were lazy / weak and rolling with low numbers. This didn't last though as many burnt out vets returned for the PVP + the alliance of every1 not nihilum crumbled, and competition basically never happened again.

Sometime after that you joined the server and apped Nihilum.

The End, thanks for reading.

edit: there were also a lot of really questionable head scratching GM decisions made by Amelinda and other things as well, such as the basically zero GM / dev interaction with the server as pop continued to plummet, but then my essay would be another ten paragraphs long.
Last edited by heartbrand; 03-11-2014 at 02:47 PM..
Closed Thread