Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-12-2022, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bit more DPS?

You're cutting your dps basically in half and adding zero outside of ports / evacs. Unless you plan on sticking strictly to zones where the druid can charm animals, this is a total waste. Don't even try to justify it w/ druid nukes / dots, they are garbage.

As others have said, if you want a 3rd that isn't another enc, go monk or warrior. You get the safety in not having 2 charms break at once while maintaining some semblance of reasonable dps That is the holiest of trinities.
Laying down the facts on me! Haha.

My Ench is still ahead of the group in levels, so I will definitely run it by them. I'm not sure the utility of ports can be measured though for 1-2 hour sessions when you want to try different dungeons without cutting into too much grinding time.
Old 07-12-2022, 11:39 AM
Aviak

If i were in a trio instead of a duo i would prefer dru/enc/cle over enc/enc/cle.

Snare + paci + memblurring pets is nice when you need a break from charm for medding or afks.

ports and sow are fantastic because you may do a /who all whatever zone and show no one there, only to get there and find 7 people soloing anon/roleplay. no problem, port over to your next best spot. or earthquake - quick port around to pop a few named.

also advantage of a decent tracker to see whats up when you first get somewhere

evacs when it hits the fan. fast CR with sows and ports without the need to necessarily bind at whatever zone you are hunting.

I am biased though. I duo druid/monk with the wife and we now have a duo cle/enc.

that said, druid dps is not great, but there are a few places charm is useful, and some advantages to some of the other buffs like regen, and eventually POTG.

thanks
jaladiun/jaladian
Old 07-12-2022, 06:10 PM
Kobold

The utility of porting, snares, regen, PoTG, evac, tracking... as a trio is great and the fact that you only need clr/enc to do anything means the 'lacks of DPS from a druid' really means nothing at all.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

If not ench, I like necro. Reliable pet, FD, rez, screaming terror, root, snare, heals, twitch, undead charm, etc. Not to mention you can pull fungi king, which is a real advantage.
Old 07-12-2022, 09:56 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre war named Curly
Human War named Moe
Woodelf War named Larry
Old 07-13-2022, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

I think necro is a good third member with the cleric and the enchanter for extra versatility and still being an efficient killing class.

However, the Druid utility can make the trio actually fun to play. It isn’t min max but it is good in its own way.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-13-2022, 08:41 AM
Fire Giant

ENC ENC CLERIC
Old 07-13-2022, 09:43 AM
Orc

Enc/Clr is end game comp imo. Some utility/ports/tank would make this more enjoyable.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Thanks all, read every post. I have gone back and forth a bit.

In the end as long as we're having fun that's all that matters. After chatting with my group, it sounds like they very much want the utility a druid brings for now. We can always help lvl up my enchanter later if we feel it was a mistake to go the Druid route.
Old 07-13-2022, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

You'll get plenty of value out of the druid. Keep your group in Cazic Thule as long as possible...not sure if you can get a gator up top w/o training the entire zone (never done it myself), but the pyramid area is literally a cow-level for XP. Can easily stay til 42, maybe 43.

Mid 40s to 50 your enchanter will have to carry the group. Not many dungeon options w/ animals. Then once you hit 52 and get Call of Karana you will enter the promised land.

SolB will be sweet w/ a bat pet going. Can take it all the way to freeti trash / freeti himself.

Do check out Kedge. Again, the ZEM makes the underwater difficulty worth it. Just bring EB items for everyone (enc can illusion).

Chardok will be a hoot too. Plenty of dogs. Progress through the dungeon as you get comfortable with the difficulty. Work on harder and harder areas / nameds for some sweet cash drops.
Last edited by Toxigen; 07-13-2022 at 12:21 PM..