Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 PM
Kobold

Default What's your favorite vacation zone?

The Isle of Kerra is such a far-away pseudo-tropical location, I really enjoy hanging out there and fishing, occasionally hunting poachers through the Toxxulia Forest in between.

I just wish it had the Coldain Town music from Crystal Caverns
Old 09-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

On live it was PoTranquility near the PoStorms/BoT entrances. On P99 I don't really just sit places just to sit.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:07 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On live it was PoTranquility near the PoStorms/BoT entrances. On P99 I don't really just sit places just to sit.
Exactly what I was going to say. I sat in that zone fishing for hours with that relaxing music that zone had. Also I think the zone name was Natimbi, The Broken Shores in the Gates of Discord expac was also a good vacation/fishing spot.
Last edited by Bainers; 09-22-2018 at 05:12 PM..
Old 09-21-2018, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Ocean of Tears. I could level a character from 8 to 60 in that zone only, if there was a playerbase for it (and if I wanted to level an alt at a reasonable pace for some reason); the zone content certainly supports it. It's disgusting that the Seafuries got nerfed, it was such a fun PvP zone too. Velious era sucks.

I also don't get why the p99 devs flipped the zone connections years ago. That was entirely not classic and served no relevant purpose. Like, yeah, it logistically doesn't make sense how boats leaving from Freeport traveled "West" and from Butcherblock they went "East", but that's how it was in the game. In one way it does make sense, with the idea of sailors getting lost out in the Ocean, or maybe even some kind of magic spell on the whole ocean placed by a God. Who knows, but that's how it was.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ocean of Tears. I could level a character from 8 to 60 in that zone only, if there was a playerbase for it (and if I wanted to level an alt at a reasonable pace for some reason); the zone content certainly supports it. It's disgusting that the Seafuries got nerfed, it was such a fun PvP zone too. Velious era sucks.

I also don't get why the p99 devs flipped the zone connections years ago. That was entirely not classic and served no relevant purpose. Like, yeah, it logistically doesn't make sense how boats leaving from Freeport traveled "West" and from Butcherblock they went "East", but that's how it was in the game. In one way it does make sense, with the idea of sailors getting lost out in the Ocean, or maybe even some kind of magic spell on the whole ocean placed by a God. Who knows, but that's how it was.
They also didn't actually correct what was technically incorrect with the zone. The boat was actually traveling the correct way in the zone the entire time. What is actually the big secret of that zone, which is revealed by using /loc and observing the coordnates, beaches, houses, and things printed on things: the zone file in classic is accidentally a mirror image of itself. The entire zone is pulled through itself as if the entire zone was being observed through a mirror.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

Plane of tranquility
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 09-21-2018, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

Wakening Lands. It has our patron saint-queen, Wuoshi.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2018, 11:59 PM
Planar Protector

Greater Faydark, the beginning <3
Old 09-22-2018, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

During one playthrough, I was a Gnome enchanter. I would go into Dark Elf illusion and hang out in the Blind Fish in Neriak to do my research. The dim Neriak ambiance, the underwater view, and the quiet dignity of the zone were so vivid to me.
Closed Thread