Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

I played on sullon zek. We deleveled a person that fell asleep from 60 to like 27 overnight? Don’t bind outside Kaesora dumdum.

We also played a game called grief greeny where you’d kill greens in GFay and you’d score a point if they logged out. Nothing is funnier than a dozen or more elves huddled on the lift next to the POD and getting instagibbed with a supernova or something.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 01-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Back in '99 when I was 15 years old, I was in a leveling guild and there was one particular member who was an annoyance to everyone. One day he told me that his brother has a 50 druid (max level), and tells me that for every hour I PL him (with his brother's druid) that he would PL me for an hour. I PL the kid for 2 h, then when it was his turn to PL me he had to log off and he tells me he'd PL me later. A few days later the kid comes back, asks me to PL him again. I tell him that he should PL me first since he still owes me 2 h of PLing. He promised me that if I PLed him for 1 h, that he would PL me for 6 h total. I agree, and after 1 h he keeps begging me to PL him more. At that point, I realized this guy probably wasn't going to PL me at all and I told him I had to log off. Every time he was online for the next two weeks I asked him to PL me for the 6 h he owed me; every time he had some lame excuse for why he couldn't.

So one day, I logged over to his brother's druid stole all his gear (I remember GEBs being his best item), equiped my necro with what I could use, and gave the rest away. The kid never knew what happened; apparently he gave his brother's name/pass out to a LOT of people.

A couple weeks later, it sunk in that I stole the gear from an innocent bystander who's only mistake was trusting his little twerp of a brother. When I went to transfer the stuff I still had back to the druid, the password on the account had been changed. I didn't want to just give it back to him, because I was afraid that if they found out it was me that I'd get banned. But I also felt an incredible amount of guilt. So, the next time I died, I didn't loot any of the stolen items off my corpse and I let them rot.

I still feel guilty when I think about it. :/
Old 01-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

It actually happened here on p99 a few years back and I still feel like a total piece of shit for it. I was grouped with some guys in lower guk when my rogue was in his 30s. I had been talking to some sellers in forums about purchasing a mask of obtenebration. Well my lower guk group was exping down in live side at like king? or something? Anyway I get a message from this forum guy in game that he has my mask in ec so I told him id be there once my group was over. Shortly after this conversation tho my group wiped and I just bailed to EC to purchase my mask. They all were fiercely angry at me for not dragging corpses and helping with the cleanup....

TLDR: i bailed on helping a group recover corpses with rogue so I could meet a seller in EC to purchase an illusion mask.

Like I said I still feel like garbage for that move...sorry Kayso and friends! I hope one day you forgive me!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 01-11-2019, 04:31 PM
Banned

I made this character purely to vent anger:
Human SK, level 20ish, post-nerf CoS, pet sounding name

I just squat in the pvp arena hidden waiting to HT someone in Qeynos.
Last edited by Jauna; 01-11-2019 at 04:34 PM..
Old 01-11-2019, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

Didn't play much of live and your guy's stories are way better then mine.

Someone ooc'd if sontalak was harmonied. I said yes knowing it wasnt just to watch them die.
Oralen - 60 Ranger <Core>
Old 01-11-2019, 05:29 PM
Banned

i exp killed a dwarf repeatedly because he kept attacking me

serves u right
Old 01-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on sullon zek. We deleveled a person that fell asleep from 60 to like 27 overnight? Don’t bind outside Kaesora dumdum.

We also played a game called grief greeny where you’d kill greens in GFay and you’d score a point if they logged out. Nothing is funnier than a dozen or more elves huddled on the lift next to the POD and getting instagibbed with a supernova or something.
Oh man it was rough on good team on SZ. I originally rolled good because I usually like playing the underdog in games but DAMN! Evils/newts controlled everything.

I got tired of having access to only faydwer and 20% of other zones in the game and rolled evil eventually.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

When I was leveling alts in Lake of Ill Omen, either solo or grouping, every so often a bard would set up a PL session and cheerfully take every single non-casting mob by the shoreline over and over, regardless of who was there first or if they were pulling mobs to level off of. My response was to cheerfully log on my necromancer, peel off one of their goblin warlord mobs and run it through the bloodgills + goblin village so all the casters would aggro, then I'd feign.

A member of Dial a Port had a cleric set up near by to get some free cash until the Bard either logged out or moved their PL session somewhere else in the zone, or to a different zone. Bards are the worst. The excuse of "you shouldn't be using a zone that they can swarm in" as being my own fault has never held any truth for me.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Hmm I never really have scammed anyone but I have done my fair share of griefing people over and over on RZ and SZ.

Had a deleveled rogue Twink on RZ who would group with my buddy (level 5 bard and out of reach for pvp) for selos and would just wreak havoc every night in gfay on unsuspecting bands of noobs. I remember just destroying groups of people at a time. That was true EQ pvp, not this pussypants R99 shit. (Loot and scoot? lol)
Old 01-11-2019, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, i was going to say the same thing...i don't feel bad about it, but that was the worst thing i did for sure:

Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:07
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:06
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:35
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:05
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:29
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:15
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:31
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:35
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:36
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:45
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:59
Cochise killed Bonquisha in The Field of Bone - Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:32