Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

dont wipe red but remove velious and you may see the server come back a little but understandably that will never happen. lol

PS they still havent killed anything past aary after the rooted mobs. lmfao. idk if they even killed aary
Last edited by Bbeta; 08-09-2019 at 03:32 PM..
Old 08-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

It'll be a fun server in 2028+ when everyone gets to choose which server their characters from green/purple/gold are transferred to and we're all just so old we play our characters on red between raid deaths on whatever version of green/blue were on.

That's my hopes for green+ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2019, 04:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
#1 hope - Custom modifications everywhere, with an emphasis on making the game more dynamic, more interactive, and less of a mind-numbing camp fest.
if that happens I hope they keep easy classes like rogue and warrior. I understand the mentality of wanting to click a lot of buttons and abilities but I guess to me MMO's are like an out of body experience. I want to relax and not think. Unfortunately I guess there is an exception to every exception; so I will sometimes.

Edit: Easy as far as clicking buttons.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depended on your server. Xev server we all traded in gfay, but on The Seventh Hammer it was EC!

I'd be down to do gfay again but those poor evils get no bank.
On Drinal back in the day it was NFP. All the evils would just sit behind Jade.

On topic, I hope they don't include the 25 mob AoE limit. It's a stupid fix for the problem of chardok AoE. Just make trash in chardok randomly stun immune. No more chardok AoE, and an entire line of spells stop being useless.

Also time back my seafury gold mine.

Beyond that, just a straight up do over, but by Velious, if you wake the sleeper, he perma-kills your character, then goes back to sleep.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

The best thing about a Teams PvP server, if you do it properly, it polices itself.

You don't need GM's and guides constantly resolving disputes.

Issue? Solve it with PvP.

PLEASE give us Teams PvP.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Beyond that, just a straight up do over, but by Velious, if you wake the sleeper, he perma-kills your character, then goes back to sleep.
I chortled
Old 08-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionsaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if that happens I hope they keep easy classes like rogue and warrior. I understand the mentality of wanting to click a lot of buttons and abilities but I guess to me MMO's are like an out of body experience. I want to relax and not think. Unfortunately I guess there is an exception to every exception; so I will sometimes.

Oh, I don't like clicking too many buttons or being forced to aim much in games. I want time to enjoy each input and focus on strategy. Combat and healing mechanics are too basic in EQ though; it could be much more interesting, without being spammy and requiring a bunch of hotbars.

An even bigger problem though is the content itself. Everything being static means there's no real adventure left. The game would be so much better if NPC's spawned differently and itemization worked differently. Being surprised by multiple NPC's spawning when you thought only 1 would spawn somewhere, or spawning faster than you expected, or having abilities you didn't expect, etc - this would make the gameplay more dynamic. And if useful item drops were spread out better in the game world, and the "big item" drops and/or NPC spawns never happened in the exact same place (with a few exceptions, like the Gods or the biggest Dragons), it means people would focus on more of the game content, instead of just camping the same room, exactly where they know something will drop.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:44 PM
Banned

hope yall know how to min max leveling to get to the good camps. otherwise your hopes dont matter.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orionsaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That was one of the factors that drove me out of World of Warcraft years back: One of the expansions altered class mechanics and I found myself having to rapidly click several times as many buttons just to do the same job I had been doing before. That was NOT an improvement!

--------------------------------------------

I have no particular goal for "green" and I'm unsure I'll even seriously play there. I've long since accomplished anything in this game I set out to do. I might use "green" as a chance to goof off in an old-world setting for a year or so but I can't see myself making a major commitment to it past that.

Danth
Old 08-10-2019, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was one of the factors that drove me out of World of Warcraft years back: One of the expansions altered class mechanics and I found myself having to rapidly click several times as many buttons just to do the same job I had been doing before. That was NOT an improvement!
This is the same reason I quit. Every expansion it's like I was playing a new class. Don't like the major overhauls? Too fuckin bad. Changing classes isn't feasible either when you've spent years working factions/achievements on one character and very little of that transfers over to alts. Not to mention the attachment of having your favorite character constantly be ruined by massive unnecessary changes. Ugh getting annoyed just thinking about it.
Closed Thread