Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Aviak

Default What zone?

So my buddies and I all played EQ when Kunark came out and loved it untill after planes of power. We are now all 11-15 and hate CB since we have been there since 5. Where do we go now for good xp? rog/war/shaman/cleric is our group
Old 02-25-2010, 05:34 PM
Orc

I would go to upper guk or unrest, send me a tell i want to join you!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Aviak

Unrest since its so close. Xp is fat, zoneline is close, loot is pretty good as well.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

oasis is where lots of people camp, but the unrest trash mobs outside the main building are pretty good (think they are level 14 or so)
Old 02-26-2010, 03:00 AM
Large Bat

Unrest trash mobs start at 10. I was soloing them with my lvl 9 enchanter. So you shouldn't have a problem in unrest once you find a good pull spot.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

related question: Do you still get a bonus for hunting in a dungeon? I remember that was implemented really early, but I don't remember how early
Old 02-27-2010, 03:58 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by xblade724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
related question: Do you still get a bonus for hunting in a dungeon? I remember that was implemented really early, but I don't remember how early
Yes, which is why Unrest is the OPs best choice on Gfay. Add an enchanter to your group and you could probably start just inside the back door to the house with few problems, just watch out for ghoul root. If you find a mage to group up make sure they use the earth pet, the cleric and shammy will love them for it. Make sure your cleric takes his lvl 19 spells so he can buff the puller with +magic res. asap.

Lots of runes/words drop to vendor/sell to other players and bronze weapons for loot, along with some good +wis gear once you can take the 2nd floor. Definitely one of my favorite zones in the game. Happy hunting and watch out for the wandering hag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muuphfaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of runes/words drop to vendor/sell to other players and bronze weapons for loot, along with some good +wis gear once you can take the 2nd floor. Definitely one of my favorite zones in the game. Happy hunting and watch out for the wandering hag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've always thought of Unrest as the beginning of the Risk vs Reward path. Just getting there is fraught with peril, and not the good kind of peril from Castle Anthrax.

The experience and loot available are top notch for the levels you'll be there.

Oasis, on the other hand, is the easy path. The only real dangers are the rare wandering Sand Giant or poorly kited Spectre. And boredom. But there's vendors inzone and, if you're killing crocs, no real need for them. Once you get to Orc Highway, the bronze starts dropping.

The only real advantage of Oasis is that it brings you closer to the hub of goings-on. Close to Hardcoreport for banking and commerce and training, Upper Guk spelunking, and Lavastorm for SolA, Najena, and Temple of Sol Ro.
Closed Thread