Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level up to low/mid 50s, you're going to spend more time on CR, zoning adds and generally wasting time than farming it at 39.
Ah ok, that's good feedback, thanks, hate levelling, but if it's going to be a huge pita/impossible than yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Specifically hunter/forager? Silken cat-fur girdles, ceremonial iksar chestplates and iksar hide masks. All three can be 'bard gear' and sell for the plat that we all crave.
Ah no, perhaps this is the confusion, I meant "what gear that I could buy would help us to be able to beat that camp?" Like something good for indoor zones or raids is useless, instruments that don't help charm fear are useless etc etc.

Quote:
Get your brother to make a pet class (enchanter/mage/necro) and PL it with your bard until 29. Use that to farm Gazughi rings. I say 29 so you can kill wandering soothsayers easily. Farming it as a meleer is taking an already grueling camp and turning it into self flagellation. Gazughi ring is only important if you plan on charm kiting a bunch. If not its just a soulless plat camp for low levels. Once you can kill felwithe guards/giants you're better off doing those than gobo rings (camped over a dozen rings).
Yeah he's deffo not playing a grind, I'm only 80% sure I'll be able to say "hey come do some forager like the old days, I've levelled Cen enough for us to do it".

Bard charms to exp and might be charming to attempt forager cycle so I wanted ring. Plus I keep impulsivly camping it on my main between raids, wasting loads of time, getting mad about it, throwing a tantrum when I stay up till 4am and it doesn't drop and threatning to quit EQ. I partly want to buy one to put an end to the whole thing. It's like scratching a scratch card each time it pops. Weirdly addicting but mostly frustrating and dissapointing. Real Evercrack hours. I'm probably going to buy it with his hill giant money just to be done with it.

Quote:
Orb of Tishan isn't 'really that good' here because it doesn't stack with an Enchanter's tash like it did during classic on Live. They might have fixed this since Velious but I doubt it. Sadly a lot of the fun tricks of being a bard don't work on this server.
Ah ok, I get a resist debuff would be good, but I don't see fighting stuff like giants and forager cycle till it procs to be safe. As long as I'm not on casters I'd rather just re-sing resisted songs than get beat up.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you may or may not remember, I made a post a while back about levelling a bard to match my 56/57 warrior to duo forager cycle with my brother.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296925

Heated debate ensued about wether that combo was possible, what level, and how to physically do it.

I think the only way it will be possible is to charm spam the nameds and have the warrior run inteference if shit goes down. Level 39 at absolute minimum, may go to 40-46-52 depending on how owned we get.

With this goal specifically in mind, what gear should I be after, there's obviously bard gearing guides, but I'm talking specifically about this camp.

I tried to camp that goblin invis animal ring and the camp made me want to kill myself.... How important/usefull would that be outside of easier kills for exp? (Becuase we'd be after loot) What about that Tishans orb thing, is it really that good?

Below is the garbage I currently have. What would benefit most? Cha gear? better swords?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cenwood
Playing the game for drops is more satisfying than the grind pp quests and skipping content. Unless type trying to gear up fast so you're ready for the next expansion Luclin
Old 06-25-2018, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't think it'd blast us to death with ice comet? Everyone else is doom saying about that.
You have nothing to worry about...you are over thinking this. If you need tips just ask, hell i could even show you what to do. I'll even play naked, for my own enjoyment...only instruments.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would suggest a Kobold Jester's Crown for your head (600pp)

Also your BP needs a good hard look, even a tree weave would be a very cheap (250p) substantial upgrade. PSC is good for a bit more cash (1800pp).

Could snag something cheap for your neck with stats....
This advice is a troll...good bards tell me CHA doesn't do anything for you...it doesn't seem to affect resist rates on the lull song or resist rate on your fixed duration charm song...
Old 06-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This advice is a troll...good bards tell me CHA doesn't do anything for you...it doesn't seem to affect resist rates on the lull song or resist rate on your fixed duration charm song...
It doesn't affect the resist rate of lull but it does affect the critical resist rate, whether the bard gets aggro'd on a resist or not like it does for Enchanter's. Unlike Enchanter's it has no impact on charm though, imo.

Edit: Didnt read page 2 before replying, I think a 52 bard/57 warrior could definitely do the cycle, just not a 39 bard/57 warrior. At that level should probably hit the wiz with dispel song a couple times or a pumice stone when you pull him cause he will have the extra +20 MR from Arch Shielding unless you pull him the second he spawns.
Last edited by Triiz; 06-25-2018 at 01:17 PM..
Old 06-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Charm a regular froggie and keep sending in frog pets until hes out of mana, then aggro kite whiel warrior kills
Old 06-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm a regular froggie and keep sending in frog pets until hes out of mana, then aggro kite whiel warrior kills
I thought Mobs didn't run out of mana?

But yeah that was the plan, people keep saying it wouldn't work... We'll try it eventually.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

At some point his aggro on you > charmed aggro and if he regens enough mana while kiting he'll IC you and you'll die
Old 06-28-2018, 06:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurflogik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion, and feel free to chime in, other bards:

Resists, HP, AC. Pretty much in that order (possibly HP, resists, AC).

You want any gear that upgrades these stats. Everything else is just a bonus. I would not bother with CHA unless you plan to do a lot of lull pulling.

Breath of Harmony is also a cost effective upgrade, as it has a decent ratio, and you get a free song in your twist.
As a former master bard on Zebuxoruk and Sullon Zek, I heartily second Resists > HP > AC > Dex as your primary statistics.
Closed Thread