Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

There's something insidiously stupid about a kid who spends fifteen hours a day shackled to his computer offering any commentary regarding slavery.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
America is the last bastion of freedom in the world. Britain already lost their Magna Carta. The entire continents of South America and Africa are shitholes. The rest of the planet from India to Mexico to Korea to China are 3rd world slaves too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h__uutzcQXc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for new page you fucking sheep.
Gun control is a necessary evil bro. How many retards with shotguns that you know upstate that you wish they could not own that weapon at all? It puts guns into the hands of some pretty irresponsible and or dumb people. You are a fucking sheep if you think that the right to bear arms has the same meaning in 2012 then it did back when it was written. You NEEDED to have a gun back then to hunt your own food, defend your home and live stock from wild animals, fend off fucking Indian raiding partys etc etc. Why would you need a rifle if you live in NYC or L.A in 2012? To be able to jump ahead in line at starbucks? Or to shoot somebody in the face? I think the latter is more likely.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikerz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have my own personal views on gun control, but this story is totally not the correct venue through which to voice them.
That's a cop-out. First off, no one really cares what you think, so it's not as if your opinion somehow necessitates a special venue to be expressed. Furthermore, when do you feel is an appropriate time if not after an event which brings the debate to the forefront of the public consciousness?

And seriously, the media didn't have to use this event. The shooting itself spurs debate on gun control, because it violates common sense that this kid should have been capable of amassing such an arsenal without at least raising some red flags.

At least it violates the common sense of anyone who isn't a sheep in the NRA's flock. You know, the NRA? The most powerful lobby in Washington? The PR wing of an industry analogous to tobacco in that their product causes death when used as recommended. Just sayin', they don't care about you or your freedom any more than they can profit from your fear.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's something insidiously stupid about a kid who spends fifteen hours a day shackled to his computer offering any commentary regarding slavery.
If even tru, the difference between me and a Korean/Chinese is I can make that choice and not be forced to work harder for a bowl of rice a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amesplayerofgames [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gun control is a necessary evil bro. How many retards with shotguns that you know upstate that you wish they could not own that weapon at all? It puts guns into the hands of some pretty irresponsible and or dumb people. You are a fucking sheep if you think that the right to bear arms has the same meaning in 2012 then it did back when it was written. You NEEDED to have a gun back then to hunt your own food, defend your home and live stock from wild animals, fend off fucking Indian raiding partys etc etc. Why would you need a rifle if you live in NYC or L.A in 2012? To be able to jump ahead in line at starbucks? Or to shoot somebody in the face? I think the latter is more likely.
Nothing beats Smith & Wesson Home Security. You seem to for extreme Marxist playbook gun banishment, where nobody has force but the state, a tyranny. The first thing any murderous dictator has done, from Hitler to Stalin to Mussolini to Mao to Pol Pot, is enact strict gun control. What kicked the war off that led to 1776 and mom and pop and apple pie and everything great about this country is when the British came to take the guns and the ammo. Even Gandhi was pro-gun. The only thing gun control does is take power from the people and redirect it to the state and criminal enterprises (see: Mexico's ongoing civil war).

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Last edited by Lucky; 07-22-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Aviak

All those drugs have really caught up to you.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

Lucky you paranoid fuck. No one is coming to take your "property, life, or liberty". No one cares about your meager shit.

Stop sounding like chicken little.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:52 AM
Sarnak

It's a dangerous world, I think it would be insane not to be armed. As empire America collapses, crime rates are through the roof with life and property at greater threat every day. Slavery is extremely common throught human history, seen in some fashion in nearly every society, even today, and Mao was correct when he said "political power grows out of the barrel of a gun". There's the famous proverb about when trade liberty for security, you are really getting tyranny. Don't know why people are so willing to sign up to be slaves, but history does repeat when the lessons aren't taken into consideration.

Quote:
In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control and from 1929 to 1953,
about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded
up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control and from 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million
Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of
13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were
rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935 and from 1948 to 1952, 20 million political
dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Guatemala established gun control in 1964 and from 1964 to 1981, 100,000
Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970 and from 1971 to 1979, 300,000
Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956 and from 1975 to 1977, one million
educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
exterminated.

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Last edited by Lucky; 07-23-2012 at 04:22 AM..
Old 07-23-2012, 06:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
? if you have a brain its not degrading anything but rather enlightening the thread. Since when is it causing a loss of self respect or humiliating to talk about gun control / politics? Especially since the Mainstream media has talked about it all morning regarding this case, and hardly mentioning the victims or the family's but just the Mugshot of the guy over and over an talking about how we need Gun control, i hope you are posting this all over CNN/FOX/ABC/MSNBC etc because they are a lot worse than whats said here my friend.
well, see.. there's the problem, sex and violence sells in mass media, and what better thing to try to justify your cause than the largest mass shooting in U.S. history? If it had been orchestrated by a lady in a cat woman outfit the whole thing would be a thousand times more blown out of proportion than it already is. I admit that I may have flown off the handle with my response, but the whole ordeal saddens me to a degree that I can't functionally explain without sounding like more of a lunatic than I'm already perceived.

Gun control just leaves people defenseless, since the 'criminal element' is still going to have access to guns. No gun control means that anyone can just snap and start shooting since they already have the tools available to do so. Sure, people could fight back.. but come on.. if the whole 9/11 thing went down the way it's been explained then a handful of people took control of multiple planes with box cutters. you're talking an inch and a half long razor blade. one hundred + people vs. a handful of assholes with what basically equates to one of those piddly Swiss army knife key-chains.

Masses are paralyzed by the threat to their livelihood, they won't react because there is the chance that their life may end, regardless of what they may be able to prevent. It's like people refuse to do what they can to save their fellows because their own life is more important than everybody else.

Yea, this whole fiasco has left me more enlightened than I was before, but this 'new knowledge' doesn't make me feel more intelligent, only more worried about the 'state of human affairs'... it's hard to explain.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Orc

I live an hour away from Aurora - it's a pretty rough area. Lots of gang violence, but this is out of the ordinary. It's common for people to get guns pulled on them, even in movie theaters, but this isn't some mugging or gang-related shooting.

I went and saw the movie on Sunday, and it was pretty obvious the police in Colorado are behaving differently due to the shooting. An officer patrolled the theater at the 9:50am showing multiple times before the movie started, checked the door to make sure it was closed, looked for suspicious items near the screen and all along the front of the theater on the ground.

I can't understand how the victims and their families feel - I hope they get whatever will help them through this tragedy, whether that be justice, closure, or compassion. I also hope our state and country have the fortitude to stand our ground and not use this as an excuse to enact laws - at some point, you can't station a U.S. marshal in every location a terrorist has attacked without becoming a police state.