Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Skeleton

Default what items are best for healing

As a 44lvl war what items should i try to get to heal me. I have a Iskar chestplate already.
Old 06-25-2018, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Fungi is better. (also, 45 and cobalt bp) pick one.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Embalmers skinning knife.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Embalmers skinning knife.
Endless bandages are always a help.

After level 50 a pair of bloodpoints is actually fairly good dps. With high buffed dexterity it caps out at an extra 240hp/minute of in-combat healing — or about a fungi tunic and a half. With ~140 dex it’s still about a fungi tunic in healing. Depending on the group, I actually used my pair fairly frequently while leveling - especially when doing 2-4 man small groups with a shaman/Druid healer. Even with a cleric, it helps save healer mana quite a lot unless using them results in aggro loss and collateral damage to others.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 06-26-2018, 10:35 AM
Skeleton

I just buy bandages. Is the sknife worth the money

I'll think I'll get the cobalt BP first then upgrade to fungi next. Too bad so many elves are going to half to die just so I can have nice things
Last edited by bri1972; 06-26-2018 at 10:48 AM..
Old 06-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Planar Protector

Buying bandages is a great way to dispose of hundreds of unwanted sp/cp.

I camped my pair of knives to save from having to carry bags of bandages around, and they are good for that. I still carry a couple of stacks of regular bandages too (in case I log in low health).

If you habitually carry a dozen and a half stacks of bandages then the knives are a nice to have item. You will be able to haul a lot more vendor fodder and quickly make back what you paid for them.

I get more use out of them than my invigorate breastplate; there is something to be said for a macro that can chain 5 bandages in a row (or 4 and a sit).

There is a trick to bandage thru bp heal too so they synergise reasonably in downtime.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Runed blade + iksar bp or fungi is awesome.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffMacBuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Runed blade + iksar bp or fungi is awesome.
I have a love for rune proccing weapons...they are also pretty good aggro.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a love for rune proccing weapons...they are also pretty good aggro.
I really do as well. My favorite setup with them is warrior + druid + chanter. Druid damage shield still damages enemies when they hit a runed player and they can heal you effectively enough when you're taking dramatically less damage. Then just let the chanter pet do all the dps. I've had a lot of fun in Seb, Kedge, and the Hole with that setup.
Old 07-01-2018, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Axe of the slayers is good for soloing low 30s, not stellar dps but the rampage will almost be constantly on if you are xping on the right mobs.

Vehement Sword of Reivaj is a similar item for mid 40s to low 50s, but I suppose ruined blade would be better.

Word of warning; The berserker strength/rampage line doesn't seem to be as good aggro as an equivalent rune.

That said I'd recommend the polished granite tomahawk as a starting off hand weapon for young warriors. The reason being the offhand can proc even when duel wield fails to produce any swings. As such you may as well have a utility proc in the offhand at low duels wield skill since the melee dps of that hand will be negligible. Whatever weapon is used.
Closed Thread