Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-10-2023, 04:07 AM
Planar Protector

I don't play anymore. Butt when I did it was because I could be an elf with titties. And magical healing powers.
Old 08-10-2023, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.” – Marcus Aurelius

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, Aristotle essentially made that argument. That is why virtue is a habit, not an idea, as Plato, Aristotle's teacher, had claimed.

Being good = doing good actions in a regular manner, as in good habits, practices, customs, etc.

Every day I walk past this old lady's house. She suffers from neuropathy in her outer limbs. If she is out in her yard I stop and chat and prick her with a safety pin to check how far up the limbs the neuropathy is progressing.

That's basically how a "good person" acts. Arguing about what a good person is, is less time you can spend actually being good.

Go out and do good. Full stop.

Help people.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Yep. And it’s important not to think about if you’re able to “change things” or “make a difference” in some grand way that they would talk
about on TV when trying to sell you on a new war or tax.

100 percent of all meaningful change comes from you and I being kind to eachother, and not just to people that rub us the right way, or that we decide “deserve it” no one deserves it, people all need help and compassion so just do your best each day and if everyone did their best for eachother (and not just their corporate job) we’d all be living in an even more lovely place.

Though we might still fall short in the elf titties department but even that will be more tolerable.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-10-2023, 04:06 PM
Banned

I played from 1999-2002 while I was a teenager and it was just the most fun I've ever had playing a videogame.

And I don't think playing here is purely nostalgia, cause I played lots of other games at that age which I don't play anymore, but I still play this one.
Old 08-16-2023, 09:52 AM
Sarnak

came for the nostalgia and to do stuff i never did when i was a kid. i like "hard mode" games and p99 everquest definitely has that punishing/rewarding feedback loop. got invited to a raid guild that was newly forming and decided to try it out. ive completed just about everything there is to do, but stuck around because the game is built on community like no other. there is something fun about keeping your progress and being able to take a break and not fall behind and always be catching up. its fun to help other people get their first epic or kill their first dragon. its fun to get together with the homies you played with for years and kill some uber dragon that can easily wipe a prepared raid. but definitely the community. raiding isnt for everyone, but if you never tried it, you might be suprised to find it can be alot of fun.
Old 08-30-2023, 01:01 PM
Aviak

When i was younger i played Dark Age of Camelot. I live in germany and this was the first MMORPG i have contact with.
Now 20 years later i was bored and was searching for something "new" that is also a old school game and not so easy like games nowadays.

well. i found Everquest Project 1999 ... my first login was with a dark-elf female.
and i was searching for the map [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
later, as a enemy shaman cast a blind spell on me i was thinking the game is broken , because the screen was black [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I can not remember this happens in any other games i know so far.

Everquest is special ... it is hard and unforgivable ... i like this.

have some chars now ... a troll warrior level 52 and a shadow Knight troll level 51 ...
many chars below 50 ...

but until now i never make it to 60 ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by void221; 08-30-2023 at 01:03 PM..