View Poll Results: Do it?
Yes 14 41.18%
No 15 44.12%
7,057 day anniversary 10 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 08:07 PM
Banned

there is no student loan crisis, a loan and college is 100% optional, tons of things you can do for money while your going to school its just lazy kids who have unrealistic expectations as to how much they will make after college and spend too much

first lesson in credit, if you cant pay your loan should go into a federal work program , work all day and sleep in jail, see how much outstanding debt you have then.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fox news is zionist-controlled, controlled-opposition.
Well whatever it is The Five is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there is no student loan crisis, a loan and college is 100% optional, tons of things you can do for money while your going to school its just lazy kids who have unrealistic expectations as to how much they will make after college and spend too much

first lesson in credit, if you cant pay your loan should go into a federal work program , work all day and sleep in jail, see how much outstanding debt you have then.
You know, if im going to argue that tech companies can do whatever they want, I bet I have to argue that banks can too and if they want to sell me on a fake future so I buy their bonds, I guess that's the way it be.

Im willing to just move on from student loans myself, I dont feel that's our biggest problem.

My student loan backed education taught me a valuable lesson, do not let my son get student loans.
Last edited by Jibartik; 01-20-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-20-2021, 08:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonethunder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why do you think I put it in quotes?

Mr. Shekelberg not getting his pound of flesh from a couple of welching mooches does not a "Crisis" make. Technically, all loans are calculated risk. If there is no "Risk" then the owners of said loan don't deserve a fucking cent of interest on it. Subsequently, because they are charging interest on student loans, they should be subject to dismissal in a bankruptcy. However, you can thank Biden for playing a key role in making student loans nearly impossible to dismiss in a bankruptcy; definitely one of his babies.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 01-20-2021 at 08:12 PM..
Old 01-20-2021, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, you can thank Biden for playing a key role in making student loans nearly impossible to dismiss in a bankruptcy; definitely one of his babies.
And the post-hoc fact check from Gwaihir intuiting this accusation from the social consciousness says:

True

Private student loans were largely stripped of bankruptcy protections in 2005 in a congressional move that had the devastating impact of tripling such debt over a decade and locking in millions of Americans to years of grueling repayments.
The Republican-led bill tightened the bankruptcy code, unleashing a huge giveaway to lenders at the expense of indebted student borrowers. At the time it faced vociferous opposition from 25 Democrats in the US Senate.

But it passed anyway, with 18 Democratic senators breaking ranks and casting their vote in favor of the bill. Of those 18, one politician stood out as an especially enthusiastic champion of the credit companies who, as it happens, had given him hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions – Joe Biden.
Old 01-20-2021, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well whatever it is The Five is hilarious.
I would have to buy a cable tv package to watch this crap. I don't pay to be forcibly indoctrinated and marketed toward.

Except for that one time. In band camp
Old 01-20-2021, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would have to buy a cable tv package to watch this crap. I don't pay to be forcibly indoctrinated and marketed toward.

Except for that one time. In band camp
Threes this new thing called youtube where you can see like, anything, all you gotta do is type it in and a robot goes and pulls it up!
Old 01-21-2021, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why do you think I put it in quotes?

Mr. Shekelberg not getting his pound of flesh from a couple of welching mooches does not a "Crisis" make. Technically, all loans are calculated risk. If there is no "Risk" then the owners of said loan don't deserve a fucking cent of interest on it. Subsequently, because they are charging interest on student loans, they should be subject to dismissal in a bankruptcy. However, you can thank Biden for playing a key role in making student loans nearly impossible to dismiss in a bankruptcy; definitely one of his babies.
Indeed.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2021, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And the post-hoc fact check from Gwaihir intuiting this accusation from the social consciousness says:

True

Private student loans were largely stripped of bankruptcy protections in 2005 in a congressional move that had the devastating impact of tripling such debt over a decade and locking in millions of Americans to years of grueling repayments.
The Republican-led bill tightened the bankruptcy code, unleashing a huge giveaway to lenders at the expense of indebted student borrowers. At the time it faced vociferous opposition from 25 Democrats in the US Senate.

But it passed anyway, with 18 Democratic senators breaking ranks and casting their vote in favor of the bill. Of those 18, one politician stood out as an especially enthusiastic champion of the credit companies who, as it happens, had given him hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions – Joe Biden.
This is one of the reasons I was okay with Biden. He isn’t afraid of going away from the Democrat party line and voting sensibly on fiscal issues. I believe he’s actually kinda close to center right fiscally.

Now, there is definitely a big crisis related to student loans, but it has nothing to do with this bankruptcy protection. The issue is that we’ve made higher education more available without making corresponding changes in our country such that there are actual jobs available for those people to use said higher degree. Then you couple that with the fact that wage growth has remained stagnant due to the large amount of people vying for those positions (I.e. you can get a quality employee for relatively cheap because they have no negotiating leverage since there are so many applicants) plus increasing cost of living across the board and you have a crisis where these people can’t afford to pay their loans off. It really is a significant problem that is going to affect us a lot in the very long term.

But allowing loans to be voided in bankruptcy would’ve only resulted in loans being nearly impossible to get or otherwise offered at such high interest rates that people wouldn’t be able to pay them off anyway.
Old 01-21-2021, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Bailing out lenders over individuals being decided by the courts is communist. And federal big government loving.

As upposed to states and individuals rights.

It is fashy too.

Lenders are now state corporations and backed by the state.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-21-2021 at 02:02 PM..
Closed Thread