Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin ports made the game way more social. They forced you to sit with strangers for 15 mins with nothing to do but chat. Was way more social than instant player ports.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin ports made the game way more social. They forced you to sit with strangers for 15 mins with nothing to do but chat. Was way more social than instant player ports.
boats did the same thing but for much longer lol. main thing it did was for anyone who mained a druid or wizard and used that income to get pissed off and quit. also there was more than once where I was just running NEAR the wizard spires and got randomly ported to the nexus.

me personally I loved raiding anguish. Potime was great as well. not really sure when EQ started to die. I think it was probably with the introduction of aa's where a character with no gear of equal level could progress to a point where someone who spents months raiding for gear was irrelevant. that and each new expansion with kunark included where solo/group equipment rendered top tier raid gear obsolete almost.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

From release to level 20ish was legit
Old 01-16-2021, 02:18 AM
Fire Giant

Luclin is classic everquest - everyone played it.
Old 01-16-2021, 06:04 AM
Aviak

PoP was the best, everything went downhill after that.

First ultimate mess being Gates of Discord.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

Sometimes around Sirken's downfall
Old 01-16-2021, 01:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP was the best, everything went downhill after that.

First ultimate mess being Gates of Discord.
GoD was a big mess. I remember when a named mob spawned on me and bud (65 shaman and 65 sk) and vaporized my tank friend instantly. XD looked at the combat log and he got crit for like twice his health.

Yeah we were way outmatched but it was hillarious.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes despite all the awesome fun of progressing further, we can all agree that the overall game balance and experience tanked with luclin which is why we don't go there.

We can still all agree that there is a ton of content we would lvoe to see added to the game.
They just need to make torches in ec tunnel port you to different luclin raids. Like t2 just sends you up to emp room.

Good luck.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 01-16-2021, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

I was thinking, I figured it out.

When they made an expansion.

Now hear me out!

This game is great, we just played through 10 years of kunark, without a broken economy. It proved to me it's one of the most well designed games in history.

So here's when EQ started to go down hill, when they released an expansion, 1 year after launch, setting up the precident, that they would continue to release expansions, every 1 year thereafter.

That is what killed everquest, the fast grind of expansion after expansion, to keep new players coming in, and ignoring the things that old players loved: The content they were already playing.
Old 01-16-2021, 02:07 PM
Kobold

up to Luclin imo, the PoK books and ease of travel killed it for me
Closed Thread