Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-02-2020, 05:26 PM
Large Rat

Default No Server List (see Galach's Edit for temp Fix)

Hey guys, ive tried everything i could find to get my EQ working but ever since i upgraded my CPU to a I9 i cant seem to get the Server list to populate. ive tried restarting the computer and modem, flushing dns, getting a VPN, using WINEQ2 and nothing seem to work, any tips would be much appreciated. i would really like to start playing again.

Galach Edit:

FIX FOR NOW

READ BELOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoroot View Post
Seems the server list is ingesting data from some file at an incorrect point. The top hundred entries are all random octets from some IP addresses, rather than server names. The population numbers are all the same very large number. I also spotted dyndns in the column where the servernames are displayed. Anywhere there would be a proper server name, it showed LOCKED. I did perform the windows defender exclusion / reboot method with no change in success. Clicking Play on a locked server resulted in client freeze/crash.

I was able to get in by clicking CHAT button at the server select screen. This seemed to "update" the population lists, resulting in the P99 servers appearing in the list with realistic population numbers. Clicking Play Everquest from here resulted in successfully loading to char select and then into world.
Last edited by galach; 02-05-2020 at 02:57 PM..
Old 02-04-2020, 01:09 AM
Kobold

Taken from https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/cate...sked-questions

Quote:
I can log into the Server Select screen, but when I get there, no servers are showing up. It is just a blank list.

This usually means there is a network problem. Either your network is blocking port 5998 or your router may just be having issues that need to be corrected. If you live in a dorm or are playing from a public network, it is probably going through a proxy and that means they are most likely blocking port 5998, so you won't be able to play. If you are playing from home and have control of your internet connection, then the problem is probably either with your router/modem or with your PC. First, make sure that you don't have a firewall or any other security programs running that might block your connectivity in any way. Next, make sure you aren't forwarding port 5998 to any PCs on your network (this includes port range forwarding that would include port 5998 in the range). If not, next you want to try powering down your modem and router. Then power up your modem and wait until it gets a connection. Next, power up your router and wait for it to connect. Last, reboot your PC and try connecting to EQEmu again. If that still isn't working, then there is a good chance that you need to reset your router or router/modem back to factory defaults. Most modems have a sunken in button that you can hold down to reset it to defaults. Check your product documentation for how to do it. Once that is done, set up your router again and try connecting to EQEmu again. It should be working now, but if not, there may be an issue with the routing from your ISP or your router may just be going bad.
Failing that, you could use WinMTR to check packet loss with login.eqemulator.net
Last edited by Wisteso; 02-04-2020 at 01:17 AM..
Old 02-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Large Rat

i think you just solved it. i think it was my anti virus software, turned it off and no problem logging in
Old 02-04-2020, 09:33 PM
Kobold

Default Login

I put in my password, hit connect, get sent to the server list - and it's empty. Ain't ever had that happen to me before. Tried a few times now, server list completely empty. Don't see any downtime messages, so I assume it's me.

Any ideas, nerd pals?
Old 02-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Orc

Not just you same deal for me
Old 02-04-2020, 09:35 PM
Skeleton

I have been playing fine since Green launch in Oct - now I have no servers on the list and I have changed nothing - I was playing this morning and no issues
Old 02-04-2020, 09:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Mine just started doing this also, a 2nd account I was able to get in but not the main account.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default No server list

Same issue. So far I've reset my router, manually opened 5998, and turned off my firewall. Nothing yet.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:39 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerendipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been playing fine since Green launch in Oct - now I have no servers on the list and I have changed nothing - I was playing this morning and no issues
I have having the same issue. I was just playing about 2 hours ago and now the server list is empty.
Old 02-04-2020, 09:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

This just recently started happening today for me as well. Was fine an hour ago, logged out for dinner came back and now this is going on.