Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 03:21 AM
Kobold

RM has on live, and has been on p99 as long as I've played, a complete FFA. Go there at any time and it's always a mad rush to any giants. People generally share them as required by the number of people there, and it's not uncommon for many tells sent back and forth of "Go ahead and take that one."

I have NEVER seen someone "claim" a particular HG spawn. (There's only 6 places in the zone that they spawn anyway.) FTE rules on HG Mnt. I haven't seen any official GM clarification on RM HG spawns, but aside from the asshat druids rounding 4 of them up all at once to quad, it's never been an issue that I have seen, and I have spent HOURS in RM farming giants.

I have seen multiple players try for the same giant, both tag it, (Usually a meelee hits it before a caster lands a spell that he is in the process of casting, and 9x out of ten, you get a "Sorry, didn't see you were casting." Its pretty self-goverened and not an issue.

If there is an official protocol set by the GMs, I am not aware of it.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 08-05-2019, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im at CE in MM on my paladin pulling mobs from inside and from pits. CE is considered a camp spot, but MM is an outdoor zone. a mage was in gypsy room "stealing" our mobs - am i being too presumptious to consider that stealing mobs, or was he wrong?
'Outdoor zone' doesn't mean every zone which is mechanically outdoors, aka you can cast SoW. Mistmoore counts as a dungeon type zone. If you are camping CE and someone is taking your mobs, tell them to stop, then petition if they keep doing it.

Do not try to 'steal back' mobs aggroed by them since this will count as kill stealing and look very bad.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Above poster is wrong. If you're camping outside you don't have claim to the rooms inside. If someone wants to claim gypsy room that is their right. If no one claims it then it's just FFA and you compete with them for pulls.

If you want to claim rooms you need to camp in the rooms.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'Outdoor zone' doesn't mean every zone which is mechanically outdoors, aka you can cast SoW. Mistmoore counts as a dungeon type zone. If you are camping CE and someone is taking your mobs, tell them to stop, then petition if they keep doing it.

Do not try to 'steal back' mobs aggroed by them since this will count as kill stealing and look very bad.
Fortior nailed this one. It's not really outdoor vs. non-outdoor, and I think the staff doesn't even use that language anymore. It's really more dungeons vs. non-dungeon, and you can probably guess which a zone is. If you're not sure the Camp Rules page has all the known details, like:

Quote:
"Dungeon type zones could be anything from MM, COM, hhk, Guks, or Sebilis."
However, the one thing Fortior left out is that there are also Player-Defined Camps, and while the staff won't enforce those, they very much do encourage the players to follow them. In all this talk of "the official camp rules" it's easy to forget the importance of these "social convention" rules. I don't know the details of the MM camp being discussed, but I'm just saying that even if the official rules didn't apply to the mob in question, that doesn't let the person off the hook.

Even if someone wasn't literally taking a mob from a "set of mobs within line of sight of each other but otherwise separated from other mobs" (ie. an official GM-enforced camp), they still could be taking a mob from a commonly-defined player camp, and while the staff won't send them to ban-land for that, they (and most players on the server) will strongly encourage them not to do that.

Like I said, at PoM A4 (which is kind of a distillation of the camp rules because of its popularity and stakes) most people do follow the player convention of splitting the camp evenly (or at least as evenly as possible; there's an odd number of mobs). Every now and then someone comes along and forces the official "I get a room, you get a room, we FTE race the rest" rules, but most of the time the GM rules don't even enter into it. The players just settle things reasonably themselves the same fair and reasonable way that other players have settled that same conflict in the past.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous>
The wiki's Per-Level/Treasure Guides have hundreds of places to earn XP or plat.

In Everquest the "1%" have always monopolized raid targets, initially ... and then the rest of the server got to see them.
But on Blue, the same crowd has monopolized them for over a decade. That's not classic.
Last edited by loramin; 08-05-2019 at 11:25 AM..
Old 08-05-2019, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the "nightmare scenario" people envision on Green, and technically you are correct, that could happen. Practically speaking though, I just can't see four players being that desperate that they'd all sit there doing one spec at a time.
This was most definitely the case with specs on this server in old world before Kunark, at least in Feerott. I camped the roaming guards on my druid at that time and there were often several people camping one spec at a time, each had their own number. I can't speak to Oasis and OOT, I think those were mostly quadded with a list, but considering what the pop is bound to be, wouldn't surprise me to see a mage/necro/druid/wizard/shaman/cleric on each spawn point.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Good god. Essays are not required to figure this out.

It’s an outside zone and thus FFA.