Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Humans can regulate their internal body temperatures without the need to find a rock in the sun. So they have that going for them.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:09 PM
Aviak

I never understood the faction complaints. You can bank and vendor anywhere regardless of faction. Plus Freeport faction you can just fix extremely easily by tapping Lucan once and then turning in 10 stacks of Brandy.

Fashion is the only reason to every pick Human. If you don't like how Iksar looks, then play Human instead. Otherwise Iksar.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenagra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After getting my Iksar to 44 i'd personally go Human. I've seen so many other ikky monks that look nearly identical to me and it's kinda lame but I value fashion-questing quite a bit.
The trick is to roll female iksar.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:58 AM
Orc

Seems like most people are saying Iksar so I'll tough out the faction and exp penalty. Thanks all.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:59 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trzzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never understood the faction complaints. You can bank and vendor anywhere regardless of faction.
Could you please elaborate on this? How can you vendor and bank anywhere if everybody hates you?
Old 08-21-2019, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trzzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never understood the faction complaints. You can bank and vendor anywhere regardless of faction. Plus Freeport faction you can just fix extremely easily by tapping Lucan once and then turning in 10 stacks of Brandy.

Fashion is the only reason to every pick Human. If you don't like how Iksar looks, then play Human instead. Otherwise Iksar.
It's a play style thing. I love running around doing old random quests and being able to do anything I want and not be limited by faction. For the hardcore folks who spend all their time raiding and grouping in Seb, well they probably don't give a damn about those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethelin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you please elaborate on this? How can you vendor and bank anywhere if everybody hates you?
Sneak makes all vendors indifferent when you are behind them.

Bankers will allow you to bank out of line of sight, while feign deathed or even if they are attacking you you can still bank with them. Line of sight banking can be done in many cities and sneak/fd banking can be done in the rest.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sneak makes all vendors indifferent when you are behind them.
This is what I refer to as the "Secret Handshake"

(I think the term was coined pretty early on; I heard it at the first EQ con in St. Louis.)
Old 08-21-2019, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I refer to as the "Secret Handshake"

(I think the term was coined pretty early on; I heard it at the first EQ con in St. Louis.)
Honestly sounds like a euphemism for reach around. Is this intentional?
Old 08-23-2019, 08:58 AM
Aviak

female Iksar > Male Human > female Human > Male Iksar. The girl lizard headdress coloring is slightly better then mustache/go-tee facial hair imo.

20% exp penalty is real and def something to consider though, faction/banking is really a non factor once you get used to it, imo.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:01 AM
Fire Giant

No question iksar?
Closed Thread