Banned

Lots of dkp stacking before fear/hate and Kunark goin on

Pras
Old 12-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Sarnak

Execpt for the cry babies that cant get loot themselves....... #bums
Old 12-01-2019, 10:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

I never understood why people raid in EQ, in Kunark or in the base game. The drops prior to NToV are just utter dogshit from raiding.

Who the fuck is going to even want to get a hierophant's crook, or a dragon bone bracer? The items from Plane of Sky quests suck too, aside from some outliers like the haste belt.

Planar armor can be one grouped, so that doesn't count.

There's really no reason to progress in the raiding game - even if you get those slightly better upgrades, they don't really boost your character significantly. Raid loot only lets you do content you could do previously more efficiently, and at that point why are you even playing the game?

It isn't until NTOV that you see items with significant HP or stat gains. Pretty dumb.

And let's not even get started on the horrible itemization of planar stats. Why the fuck does Valorium Greaves, for example, have INT? Literally does NOTHING for that class. https://wiki.project1999.com/Valorium_Greaves

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never understood why people raid in EQ, in Kunark or in the base game. The drops prior to NToV are just utter dogshit from raiding.

Who the fuck is going to even want to get a hierophant's crook, or a dragon bone bracer? The items from Plane of Sky quests suck too, aside from some outliers like the haste belt.

There's really no reason to progress in the raiding game - even if you get those slightly better upgrades, they don't really boost your character significantly. Raid loot only lets you do content you could do previously more efficiently, and at that point why are you even playing the game?

It isn't until NTOV that you see items with significant HP or stat gains. Pretty dumb.

And let's not even get started on the horrible itemization of planar stats. Why the fuck does Valorium Greaves, for example, have INT? Literally does NOTHING for that class. https://wiki.project1999.com/Valorium_Greaves
You basically just highlighted the reason why playing EQ at all is actually pointless. Classic EQ was especially awful though, not sure why everyone clings to it when so much of it as you pointed out, is horribly designed. I think we need to stop reproducing retarded classic servers governed by complete retards which reiterate the most idiotic ideas and mechanics that existed in the game and instead make a remastered version of classic which restores/renews the difficulty of the game and revamps the itemization.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I raid because I like to kill dragons.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I raid because I like to kill dragons.
"I like to kill dragons."

Camps https://wiki.project1999.com/A_goblin_jailmaster for 12 hours on thanksgiving
Old 12-01-2019, 10:32 PM
Banned

Default Eternal September

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You basically just highlighted the reason why playing EQ at all is actually pointless. Classic EQ was especially awful though, not sure why everyone clings to it when so much of it as you pointed out, is horribly designed.
What this also your opinion back in 1999-2000?
Old 12-01-2019, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty typical of a raiding guild to have a list of required items to participate in loot distribution...
Old 12-01-2019, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunaGreen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You basically just highlighted the reason why playing EQ at all is actually pointless. Classic EQ was especially awful though, not sure why everyone clings to it when so much of it as you pointed out, is horribly designed. I think we need to stop reproducing retarded classic servers governed by complete retards which reiterate the most idiotic ideas and mechanics that existed in the game and instead make a remastered version of classic which restores/renews the difficulty of the game and revamps the itemization.
A limited mudflation custom server would be cool, most go way too hard on item stats growth.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Banned

NEGGED me. Thought I was in the teal section for a minute, preparing to unload on a 2019er.

10/10 scumbagging.
Closed Thread