Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 02:56 AM
Sarnak

I’ll say this much - the problem with these “mega guilds” is the entitlement that they breed, and with that, lack of actual consideration for anyone else’s play time.
Last edited by Natewest1987; 12-04-2019 at 03:04 AM.. Reason: Not trying to start an rnf lol.
Old 12-04-2019, 04:11 AM
Planar Protector

My interactions with Kingdom players so far has been limited, but also have not had any negative experiences with them.
Old 12-04-2019, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My interactions with Kingdom players so far has been limited, but also have not had any negative experiences with them.
Not calling anybody out. In fact everyone I grouped with so far has been great. But when people are in their 40s and lguk/solb are the only game in town, it will be interesting to see how everything is camped 24/7.
Old 12-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not calling anybody out. In fact everyone I grouped with so far has been great. But when people are in their 40s and HHK is the only game in town, it will be interesting to see how everything is camped 24/7.
FTFY
Old 12-04-2019, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

At least Teal got a cool immersive name like Kingdom. Green zerg guild name is Seal Team. What are we playing a first person shooter? Some War game? FYI my favorite hobby is fishing mostly for salmon. I HATE SEALS! Always taking my fish! AAHH.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Fire Giant

I don't see either server getting as crowded and poopy as blue was in any given era, but there will be at least some muted competition for mobs before too long.

Just watch what'll happen if anybody breaks the portal; smart move is gonna be to set up at NW, even though getting there will be messy...

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everquest is zerg oriented until instances
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're complaining about a symptom of Classic EverQuest's open-world design. Any MMO without instancing is inevitably going to be dominated by mega-guilds. Aside from opening a new server with instanced dungeons, nothing can be done to combat the zerg.
Mostly this: zerg guilds are classic as fuck. Really the only unclassic thing is the exact size: I don't think pre-Kunark guilds ever got quite this big, but that's a classic environment, not mechanics issue.

That being said, all humans in systems behave according to how those systems lead them to behave. If Rogean starts punishing guilds for ____ this week, you can guarantee those guilds won't do _____ again next week (though they'll probably try doing it again in a few months).

My point is, Rogean could solve this extremely easily. He could limit guilds to a certain number and not let invites work after that. Raid zones could simply start zoning out every guild member after the Nth that enters. And there's probably at least ten other different options I'm too lazy to think up right now.

If Rogean wanted, he could make everything MUCH more about skill and playing the game well, and MUCH less about uber nerds recruiting as many other nerds as they possibly can to make things as easy as possible.

But again, the reason I think he'll likely never do that (or at least, not on Green/Teal) is ... zerg guilds are classic as fuck.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

I left green due to shitlords in seal team autofiring afk, skipping people on lists.

And now pretty much given up on teal due to a few the scum sucking pieces of shit in kingdom doing the same.

Shame that super zergs can thoroughly fuck the gameplay experiences of others just by protecting their most scummy members.

/smallest violin and all.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I left green due to shitlords in seal team autofiring afk, skipping people on lists.

And now pretty much given up on teal due to a few the scum sucking pieces of shit in kingdom doing the same.

Shame that super zergs can thoroughly fuck the gameplay experiences of others just by protecting their most scummy members.

/smallest violin and all.
What camps are people autofiring afk on that you left the game over?
Old 12-04-2019, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Its a place for noobs who are bad at the game to zerg down content with zero risk. Always been attractive to your basic bad eq player since 99.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread