Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-06-2019, 11:15 AM
Hoppkins_Wytchfinder Hoppkins_Wytchfinder is offline
Sarnak

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 360
Default

None of my concern what you do for a hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I used to do Qi Gong, who am i to judge anyone for what they choose to believe in. Even you.
Last edited by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder; 12-06-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-07-2019, 05:31 AM
Tethler Tethler is offline
Planar Protector

Tethler's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Japan
Posts: 1,246
Default

Nah, don't believe in any of that stuff. Or any religion for that matter.
__________________
  • Tethler Tallwood - 33 Ranger
  • Solinius - 12 Wizard

    < Retired >
  • Tethler Tallwood - 57 Druid
  • Solinius Swiftshank - 55 Rogue
  • Kaisei - 54 Necro
  • Kamaohoru Kitsui - 52 Monk
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Asteria Asteria is offline
Banned


Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austrian Alps
Posts: 412
Question STOP IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel free to test me.

Shamanism is high voltage. It's a series of techniques that tugs on incredible forces that are behind the veil.

Consider this. I've probably done this rant somewhere here before but, string theory says that reality is made up of tons of intersecting strings that make up reality. Most are not perceivable to the human mind but they are there none the less. There's a whole world of things happening around you every moment, tugging on you, that you are unaware of. Advanced occult meditation teaches one how to deal with these forces and perhaps one day manipulate them.

Shamans main technique is the power of the trance. They utilize all sorts of techniques to induce a state where they are in a trance and they can gain information from there. They utilize repetitive singing, dance, other movements, drugs, rituals and my favorite, intense breathing exercises which I'm one of the best at. Spinal bhastrika is a great breathing/trance technique.
Sound Dangerous!!

What the heck?? Go to church and meet normal people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

STOP the Tomfoolery before it is too late!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-07-2019, 08:33 AM
Teppler Teppler is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sound Dangerous!!

What the heck?? Go to church and meet normal people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

STOP the Tomfoolery before it is too late!
I'm loyal to Jesus too.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-07-2019, 10:22 PM
Vormotus Vormotus is offline
Fire Giant

Vormotus's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 539
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Wizard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what did the fat guy smoke that made him spit up blood i wonder
Nothing beyond natural herbs ... Some of them quite Psychoactive.

Blood is common in all Maria Lionza rituals in the Sorte Mountain

Here you can see many videos where the blood comes from cutting skins, tongues, ears, cheeks and even arms and belly, plus varied types of cuts on yourself and others (always willing of course, nothing works in this type of rituals if forced)

Not all videos in English but you can see plenty real blood by the possessed here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Video 1: https://youtu.be/1kX5sox6yj4?t=8


Here in this video you can see a "Materia" or vessel , being possessed and cutting himself , then being questioned and proceeding to answer the multiple questions all participants have for the spirit or spirits allegedly possesing this man.

Again I have found these rituals quite entertaining and they are pretty common, but I know it is not to everyones tastes, just wanted to share.

Many practitioners of these rituals have their own customs, but in my travels around the world I have never seen them like this, the most similar might be the haitian ones, and yet, they are extremely different in scope and social impact.

In this other video, made by Vice, we see a more sanitized version and extremely simple explanation of the plethora of rituals done in Venezuela

VIdeo2 > https://youtu.be/GALJ_HkDmRg


But they are quite bloody, and none of it fake, been there myself as an spectator many times, again due to intellectual curiosity and cultural heritage, plus love seeing the faces of some of my foreigners friends when I toured them there to Sorte Mountain, a lot of them thanked me profusely for showing them this.

Love showing this off to foreigners as well on the net [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]


Also one of the things I have always enjoyed about local religions in my country is how they adapt quickly to modern tropes and outsider ideas.

Most of the "Spiritual Courts" have unique names, spirits, greater spirits, guides and even priests.

Our history is full of encounters with the occult , again due to how our history is heavily influenced by the local Natives and the influx of African slaves during the Colony which created a very complex amalgamation of creeds, beliefs and rituals.

We have a "Corte Malandra" for example, which is a Royal Court of Spirits of Larceny, Theft, Murder and Vengeance

An old article here explaining how extremely evil people in life are now canonized in death as Guardians and Protectors of those that deal in Murder and Theft

https://observers.france24.com/en/20...lence-religion

I could spend hours talking about this as it is a highly interesting subject, specially due to how bleak and bloody it is which in a morbid sense, appeals to me.

Seems I have gotten some reaction so all is good!

It is always good to know more and outside your boundaries I say [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]


Super big hug from the Lonely Isthmus!
__________________
----------------------------------
Ikoparu - Necromancer of Bertoxxulous (Green)
Euridun - Druid of Karana (Blue)
----------------------------------
[center]
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-11-2019, 07:17 AM
choppedandglued choppedandglued is offline
Aviak

choppedandglued's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Finna
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel free to test me.

Shamanism is high voltage. It's a series of techniques that tugs on incredible forces that are behind the veil.

Consider this. I've probably done this rant somewhere here before but, string theory says that reality is made up of tons of intersecting strings that make up reality. Most are not perceivable to the human mind but they are there none the less. There's a whole world of things happening around you every moment, tugging on you, that you are unaware of. Advanced occult meditation teaches one how to deal with these forces and perhaps one day manipulate them.

Shamans main technique is the power of the trance. They utilize all sorts of techniques to induce a state where they are in a trance and they can gain information from there. They utilize repetitive singing, dance, other movements, drugs, rituals and my favorite, intense breathing exercises which I'm one of the best at. Spinal bhastrika is a great breathing/trance technique.
There's always the guy that is offering 1 million dollars to anybody that can prove anything supernatural exists under a scientifically measured environment. I'm pretty sure if these shamans could do anything special they would of had one prove his magic and their whole village would be rich. Even with the rampant number of cameras on cell phones not a single event showing supernatural powers like you suggest exists.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-12-2019, 04:23 AM
Vormotus Vormotus is offline
Fire Giant

Vormotus's Avatar

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 539
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's always the guy that is offering 1 million dollars to anybody that can prove anything supernatural exists under a scientifically measured environment. I'm pretty sure if these shamans could do anything special they would of had one prove his magic and their whole village would be rich. Even with the rampant number of cameras on cell phones not a single event showing supernatural powers like you suggest exists.
The Amazing Randi is the BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OF THE BESTTTTTTTTTT!!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]


[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is a documentary about his life, and was a bit shocked to find out his partner is a Venezuelan hahaha.

Docu is called: AN HONEST LIAR https://youtu.be/s9ZWaS_FjNU

All of my countrymen show up in the most weird places of the world.

I dont think he has the 1 million dollar offer still up, but man, debunking stuff is amazing for a living.

He has so many good stories!

Again for me all Venezuelan Magic is just part of a cultural baggage/heritage I enjoy showing around, due to how bloody yet visually impacting it is, regardless of how "real" it is. the blood was very real though, can verify it , the magical aspect is up to the performer and the recipient.

Oh man, the Amazing Randi is so good, he really has some amazing insights into how the human mind works.

Here is an old Ted Talk

https://youtu.be/c0Z7KeNCi7g

Ahhh love this topic.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
----------------------------------
Ikoparu - Necromancer of Bertoxxulous (Green)
Euridun - Druid of Karana (Blue)
----------------------------------
[center]
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-12-2019, 05:39 AM
Hoppkins_Wytchfinder Hoppkins_Wytchfinder is offline
Sarnak

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 360
Default

Most "shaman" are just people who took a bunch of salvia and had "a visionquest" and are suddenly an authority on it. We all did salvia. We all had a bad time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-12-2019, 06:37 AM
choppedandglued choppedandglued is offline
Aviak

choppedandglued's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Finna
Posts: 84
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Amazing Randi is the BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OF THE BESTTTTTTTTTT!!![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]


[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There is a documentary about his life, and was a bit shocked to find out his partner is a Venezuelan hahaha.

Docu is called: AN HONEST LIAR https://youtu.be/s9ZWaS_FjNU

All of my countrymen show up in the most weird places of the world.

I dont think he has the 1 million dollar offer still up, but man, debunking stuff is amazing for a living.

He has so many good stories!

Again for me all Venezuelan Magic is just part of a cultural baggage/heritage I enjoy showing around, due to how bloody yet visually impacting it is, regardless of how "real" it is. the blood was very real though, can verify it , the magical aspect is up to the performer and the recipient.

Oh man, the Amazing Randi is so good, he really has some amazing insights into how the human mind works.

Here is an old Ted Talk

https://youtu.be/c0Z7KeNCi7g

Ahhh love this topic.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point really is that the things you were talking about, the supernatural stuff, has had its chance to be proven by now. It hasn't, what's the excuse?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-12-2019, 06:41 AM
Hoppkins_Wytchfinder Hoppkins_Wytchfinder is offline
Sarnak

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 360
Default

Probably the same place as the "deep state" and "Shadow government"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.