Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaldar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn’t blue, guys. The whole point of green is a classic progression. If everyone can obtain items almost BiS before planes, it ruins the experience.

As a paladin, I don’t want to already have a weapon almost as good as mithril two hander when people are still using rusty and combine weapons. If you can’t see this is stupid then what is the point of a fresh green server.
If you don't want to use this weapon, don't! I mean, seriously. Pretend you weren't aware of the quest and just progress how you want.

It's literally that simple. This is a classic quest that is working as intended. Also, damage caps are a thing. Honestly, I doubt your group would even notice if you were using a forged weapon vs. this.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

I once saw Ivory spend 16 hours trying to spell a word with bags GOOD JOB IVORY!

edit: Whoah slow your roll lol a paladin with a mith2hander would decapitate a paladin with this thing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-30-2019 at 06:13 PM..
Old 10-30-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

people accusing sneaksy of powergaming too hard

what a time to be alive
Old 10-30-2019, 06:14 PM
Orc

Swinging for 29dmg at level 10 is exactly what a twink on blue would be hitting for. If it weren’t paladin only, everyone else would be up in arms as well. That’s twice the damage of a forged weapon WITH the cap, which gets lifted at level 20.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Keep in mind that in like 2 weeks solo enchanters will be spreading mithral 2hers all over the server.

Also ya I cant believe Ivory is the most alpha player on green right now lol

"wheres chest?"
"spelling his name with bags in north karana"

(or idk insert whoever was the blue alpha idk who is blues most hated alpha, tiggles? idk)
Old 10-30-2019, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaldar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swinging for 29dmg at level 10 is exactly what a twink on blue would be hitting for. If it weren’t paladin only, everyone else would be up in arms as well. That’s twice the damage of a forged weapon WITH the cap, which gets lifted at level 20.
What are you talking about?

TWICE the damage of a forged weapon at level 10? I don't think you understand how melee damage is calculated.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
people accusing sneaksy of powergaming too hard

what a time to be alive
Lol! They lucky I got bad internet.... my archery roots would have them panicking at the game breaking nature of gnome archers too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

THOUUGHHHH

Day 2 I did have 100pp, and now have gotten over 300pps ...as a level 7. Imma breakin everything!!! :3
Old 10-30-2019, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wiki shows it as minimum level 40. Should be 40 for turn-in; would solve the problem.
Someone was actually GIVING ONE AWAY in Freeport last night!

One lucky Paladin walked away VERY happy that evening!
Old 10-30-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Someone was actually GIVING ONE AWAY in Freeport last night!

One lucky Paladin walked away VERY happy that evening!
No one finished the quest yet. Most paladins were too busy to come even hear the quest.

Now I travel shouting "Woa is me, I wishs I could find a [noble paladin] worthy of the great Deepwater Harpoon"

And still no paladins even wana hear the quest!! -shrug- Some day a paladin will prove themselves worthy of it. I think one is pretty close.

It's been about 24 hours since I gave the quest too. A level 1 coulda done it.
Old 10-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Kobold

The quest isnt hard to do, either get a SoW or be a lvl 5 bard and get the potion which takes like 2 minutes, give the potion to the sentry and then run to the specters before she gets near them and aggro them with range weapon/spell or body pull, then kite them away from her til she despawns and go pick up your halberd, no exp lost at that lvl so all you gotta do is die on the coast of the island and run back and loot your corpse, not saying this is what the gnome did but it ust shows how easy this item actually is to get, a simple SoW and 15 minutes of kiting is all it really takes
Closed Thread