Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2019, 11:03 PM
Kobold

1 plat per level, up to about 50plat at the top end.

Heck, I get tips of items worth 100s of plat sometimes. People are generous.

I also refuse tips on CRs and other tough times for people, do swaps for free, even port when I am anon.

I've never been mad with any tip - especially for newer people to the server or people under level 20.

Appreciate it when people apprecaite that by porting them I am missing out on XP or doing other things [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2019, 11:25 PM
Kobold

I usually tip 30pp, though I have tipped a lot more. Figure they could probably make close to that if they were just killing giants and not porting.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

I might be an exception, but I tip based on the level of the person porting. So a 29 - 40 person would be 30-45pp, because thats double what they can earn off just about any mob with a single spell cast, and higher level porters would get 45-60, or a few pp higher depending on if I needed extra buffs on a character (like levitate / invis in DL prior to evacs working outside of dungeons) or was myself in a rush.

Generally anything that involves moving any distance away from a ring / spire by a porter would up the amount I plan to tip - if I could.

Regardless the fact that people aren't telling others up front what they're willing to tip should be a massive red flag for any porter. I hardly think it would be rude to set a price if someone sent you a tell unsolicited (like I often do to Dial a druids I recognize and spot not actively killing something in EC/WC/any ring).

Here is an example of how to best bother a druid when poor and low level:

"Hey there nature fren / masochistic explodey person, I've only got (x amount of plat) I can tip as I also need to tip for a bind after (establishes you're not a commie and plan to reimburse people for their time which you believe has value, whether level 12/14 or 50). Any chance you can help me out with a port from (ring/spire you are already at and ready for a pick up from) to (place you would like to go but that you would gladly take a port to some adjacent zone were it more convenient for the porter). No worries if you can't, I'll keep asking around!" (I'm not a lazy piece of shit so eventually things will work out for me don't feel guilty for having your own pixel-quest needs, plus the sooner you tell me to fuck off the sooner I become someone elses problem as I'm actively courting a non-affirmative response to my request for aid which I know will be a greater inconvenience to the person providing a service whose worth is far in excess of what I have offered up front)

My guess is OP either sent tells similar to the above or engaged his porters in a non psychotic non neckbeard way so they were happy to give out a helping hand to a lowly hybrid. Also a non trivial amount of druids feel about rangers the way most everyone feels about gnome warriors, which is they are adorable morons that require all the help in the world so that one might someday group with them and relieve some of the boredom of doing a popular and profitable camp for the thousandth time.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:31 PM
Large Bat

No, sadly, I didn't solicit with clever tells. Usually I'd hang out near a Druid Circle or wait until someone announced they were doing ports.

The worst part is that I'd drop the coins after port, say "thanks!", and run off thinking it was satisfactory transaction. Little did I know I was leaving a wake of disappointed porters in my wake.

If I didn't feel bad, I wouldn't have posted, that's for sure. I'll probably just spend the next 10 levels running everywhere as penance.
Old 11-29-2019, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

happy hanukkkah
Old 11-29-2019, 11:46 PM
Orc

What is the standard tipping rate on Green and Teal?
Old 11-29-2019, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Porters should advertise prices instead of this vague tipping thing
Old 11-29-2019, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

1 plat per character level
level 50 = 50p

Special ports: 100p+
Pick ups from none ring/spire locations.
Multiple people pickups (this covers the group)
long distance item transfers

Kunark Era: 1-2p per level
Evac from a kunark dungeon
I bet a lot of people have forgotten about this one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DL-> KC -> EJ / SF

Velious Era: 1-2p per level
Evac scross SG
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-29-2019 at 11:56 PM..
Old 11-30-2019, 12:29 AM
Orc

Meanwhile on my shammy @Mangler TLP I had literally hundreds of people begging for SoW's or discounts on SoW pots, full body buffs and even full buffs + their pet and not a single tip not once ever. Hilarious lol. I do tip :P Just think it's funny AF I could hit 20 buttons for zero and another can hit 1 for tons. Yes, I was jealous lol.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

We're not at blue amount of plat yet, so I wouldn't go by those standards. 50p is a lot of money at this point when most of server can't kill a hill giant yet.