Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 02:48 AM
Kobold

For two nukes I make 5-10pp off guards per guard. If I'm in the correct zone that's also optimal experience. Why would I want to go 100% Mana to 30%/0% to move you for 4pp, wait for an awfully slow non clarified Mana regen then return to my camp? Lvl 40 which is one level above all ports being available

That being said because plat is so easy to acquire I don't charge for ports on green ever and will never

Even if you're making sub optimal plat income it's not unreasonable to pay 1pp per level because you'll make that back in ten minutes at any reasonable camp
Old 12-09-2019, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even if you're making sub optimal plat income it's not unreasonable to pay 1pp per level because you'll make that back in ten minutes at any reasonable camp
This is only true if you're not in the lower half of levels and if you're playing a soloing class. But seeing as how like 50% of the green/teal population is druid/necro/shaman, I can see why you'd think that way.

As for me personally, on Teal I've only gotten like 3 ports, and two of them were from guildies just offering ports in guild chat. If I don't have a bare minimum of 10-15p to give, I just take the boat. I'm pretty sure the FP to BB boat has a groove in the deck from my ass by now.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:29 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a druid, here is my advice:

I just click on "Accept" without even looking.
1pp is good with me. 200pp is good with me.
I don't care.
It's only mana, ergo my time to med it back.
Nobody's coercing me into porting. If I port it is my choice.
And if I didn't take time to ask for a specific price, then I implicitly agreed to whatever price you offer.

Ignore the dumbasses who feel entitled to whatever level*Xpp.
You click on one button sitting on your big butt then you go AFK 1 min to get your mana back while taking a piss.

Come on.

Tip what you want man.

Or ask "how much?" before leaving if you are so insecure.
If the druid says "any donation is fine" then give any donation.
If the druid says "10pp please" then you know what to give.

this shouldn't be difficult.

everyone should play a druid to lvl 29+ to realize how dumb and easy it is to port people around. this doesn't deserve all your savings lol.

stupid druid mafia.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always gotta mention you used /split, even on blue there were tons of newer DaP's who didn't know it existed or notice the green text.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Banned

It's called tipping for a reason... like when you go to a restaurant you usually tip for how well the server served you usually starting at 15% of the bill. That being said if its a standard port nothing special 15 plat should be plenty but it's totally up to you what you tip (unless the porter is charging a flat rate of course then you pay what they tell you to up front lol).

If your new no one will bash you for giving 1 or 2 plat when you only have 20 plat to rub together I'd hope.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Large Rat

I'm lvl 11, I tip 5p because that's what I remember about 15 years ago, too lol...I will definitely tip more after my levels increase (and plat income increases).

Joshtur / Bard
Old 12-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Im in a similar scenario. Just came back 6 weeks ago after 10 years away. Ive paid 2-5pp for ports up to lvl 20 or so. My main is a 21 Wiz and ive paid 5-10pp for the few ports ive needed this last week. When im porting others I hope for an average of 10p per port but will never dictate a price and if someone pays nothing or 1-2pp ill be ok with that. But like Randal, ill also remember who is worth dropping everything for and who is not...
Old 12-10-2019, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal.flagg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lulz. so you want me to pay 250p @ lvl 50? no thanks.

It should be relative to what you have and the inconvenience it puts the porter through. I've NEVER mandated a fee when I have ported hundreds of times on blue. I *DO*, however, remember the good tippers. So just keep that in mind. If you dont really tip well you wont really get a lot of ports.

I've been paying 10-15p per port and will amp that up as i make more plat.
Got a regular Bill Gates math wiz over here
Old 12-10-2019, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

I been giving .5pp per level or 30 plat for my wife and I duo port somewhere. We are not rich and we are only lvl 29. I also give 1pp for a SoW. I R not rich. But I'm glad Dial-A-port is there. Had 1 druid tell me 50 plat each when I was lvl 15... I was like bro.. he was like i'm soloing sisters and that is my fee. I said... wait.. you a elf druid soloing sisters? I dont want a port from you anyway.
Closed Thread