Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Aviak

Def was not easy getting 50 as a mage. I did solo from 40-50 though. It really made me get creative and very quantitative with my choices of where to XP. Level 45 wasnt really really bad. I thought 46-48 was where I was going to hit my breaking point.

I personally just hope they dont vendor all the pets.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

This whole thing just put in the light the lack of professionalism of the team. It's ok they are "volonteers".

The change they made after beta proved the team is lazy and prone to influence by anyone with half an argument. They have shot right next to their goal and missed the point of the server.

They have let a couple of nerds change:

Recreating the everquest classic experience
To
Recreating lines of codes.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzl0011 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Def was not easy getting 50 as a mage. I did solo from 40-50 though. It really made me get creative and very quantitative with my choices of where to XP. Level 45 wasnt really really bad. I thought 46-48 was where I was going to hit my breaking point.

I personally just hope they dont vendor all the pets.
It must have been a real fun experience.
I personnally am social and played a mage as they are supposed to be played before and its a great and fun experience. Pets serves very well in group ro solo and its what makes this class fun and its how it was designed.

All classes have been designed with certain ideas behind them, sadly magician wasnt finished at release and it got fix the minute people got to that content, first they had to confirm because verant hid the fact. Soon as it was proven, they nija patch it the next day.

For the record i too wouldnt go on an all vendor solution, but the all research solution wasnt viable or logic either. It is not by chance they put 2 34 pets and 2 39, it breaks the chain and let people start their chain of pets from 34 scrolls or 39 scrolls, removing the need of high level magician to go back to lower level zones and rape the shit out of the place removing exp opportunity for the youngs at the same time.

Cheers, lets hope they act, and soon, first boring EQ experince in 20 years.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They have let a couple of nerds change:

Recreating the everquest classic experience
To
Recreating lines of codes.
Literally the whole point of p99 is to recreate the mechanics. See sig.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 12-01-2019 at 03:08 PM..
Old 12-01-2019, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

This is going to be a fun thread
Old 12-01-2019, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do they patch exploits or introduce the list system then, or nerf things like bard aoe?

edit: I'll go further. If you support no mage pets, why do you support the list system?
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 12-01-2019, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
watch the video announcing green, codes arent the point. They never meant classic errors and code mistakes. They speak of the classic eq experience spanning the first 2 expansion and original release

This is why nobody will die of a heart attack because shadowman are in game, it changes nothing to the classic experience. they will all fix these in times and next iteration will be cleaner.

There is nothing classic at having tons of mages with no pets passed 34. It never happened during classic.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do they patch exploits or introduce the list system then, or nerf things like bard aoe?
They set bard AoE to four targets because I found proof it worked that way.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They set bard AoE to four targets because I found proof it worked that way.
Bard AE hit more than 4 targets until I got it nerfed on live. I was paid to write an article explaining how to use MQ2 with /circle macro and a hack to walk underwater to AFK AE kite entire zones out of view of any player and get level 60 in a couple days. It was posted on the SOE forums and nerfed a week later somewhere around PoP era.

I'm curious, are you saying it used to hit only 4 and then was increased?
Old 12-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: I'll go further. If you support no mage pets, why do you support the list system?
Man I do not want to be on this side of the argument, and to be very clear P99 is not just about "classic mechanics, and nothing else matters". But ... for the most part that is the case.

So to answer your question ... /list is actually 100% classic, except that it relies on automation instead of requiring (volunteer) GMs to implement it. Back on live lists were absolutely a thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunark Era GM Guide Book
8.2.3.1 The compromise will require all parties to take turns killing the spawn(s).
So the very simple answer to "why the automation and not the classic implementation" is ... because Verant had paid GMs, and we just have volunteers. And actually the AoE thing is similar: it's 100% based on classic technical limits, but also prior to it's implementation the volunteer staff was overworked dealing with fights between Bards and everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread