Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-31-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Do you have CPU Affinity set to 1 in your executable for P99?

The built in Windowed mode for the P99/Titanium client works well enough for me, WinEQ2 was always best for boxing which isn't allowed.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 08-31-2015, 02:21 PM
Kobold

Hi Man0 do you mean when playing without WinEQ?
No I do not set the affinity manually.

I also use windowed mode though have mismatched behavior. I set antialiasing and anisotropic filtering in my graphics panel, which works in EverQuest, but then sometimes after restarting the client, the top border of my window is pushed down a bit, forcing the chat windows and other GUI elements off the bottom of the scree. The anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering stop working.

I have to then drag the window up a little to where it should be (however it automatically snaps back to it's previous position). I then set the game to full screen and restart the client. It then has the window in the right spot and the aa/af is working again.

I do not know what causes this.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am getting an application error ...

"the instruction at 0x0341f0ce referenced memory at 0xfffffffc. the memory could not be read"

any help..program terminates
I just came here to post that I have this issue too. I followed the setup guide and also watched the YouTube videos here ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oeos1MUDjeE )

Anyone come across this or know how to resolve it? I'm on Windows 10 with a virtual machine.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:55 AM
Orc

I registered and installed. The program loads into the task bar but when I try to run Everquest it crashes. If I run everquest without the program, it just says connecting... then gives a fail.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Aviak

This really isn't helpful at all because it doesn't show you how to point it to the Titanium launcher bat file. Options in wineq2 menu only shows folders and when I try to cut and paste the path from the "launch titanium.bat" file it says it doesn't exist...
Old 03-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iklossis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This really isn't helpful at all because it doesn't show you how to point it to the Titanium launcher bat file. Options in wineq2 menu only shows folders and when I try to cut and paste the path from the "launch titanium.bat" file it says it doesn't exist...
I don't get this either, how do you point it to the launcher?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

In your WinEQ2 profile, set "Everquest Path" to the directory where EQ is installed. You don't have to point it directly at a batch file or an executable.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Aviak

I win key plus up cursor key sould maximise the window, left/right to shift positions/monitors. Then alt plus enter to full screen eq.

Make sure refresh isnt 59.9 eq loves to select that for me. Set to native 60 if that's what you have.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Aviak

The slow movement is RDTSC (i believe) and a multi proc/core timing issue.

Fix by using a SingleProcAffinity shim.

Or set affinity manually, or WinEQ2 etc.

To minimise this make sure you are running a full power management plan, running power management on the cpu will manifest this issue more frequently.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Large Rat

I'm gonna post this here, since maybe more people will see it, and I might actually be able to get some help. This is a copy-paste from my thread I made the other day.

Quote:
Hey all, but of an issue here, I launched the game through wineq, discovered needed a new spellfile, downloaded it, unpacked it, then tried to re-launch the game through WinEQ, now I get this error. It doesn't get the error when I launch without WinEQ, but... without WinEQ, my computer goes ape sh*t trying to play.

FYI, yes I've looked at the FAQ, and it's not resolution. It's causing some issues between the new spell file (v42) and WinEQ.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]