Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 12:59 AM
Sarnak

Didn't this happen with fungi tunics on live until they were made MAGIC?
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:54 AM
Planar Protector

WTB powerlevel for new melee alt
Old 07-22-2021, 10:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so unfair that rogues can just pick pocket the beads, I would have already had mine but I needed a quick power nap after 32 hours and my stupid mom didn't pay enough attention and missed an afk check.
Holy shit I really hope this is a joke...
Old 07-22-2021, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The list system is really, really flawed.

It was implimented to stop handing camps over between people/guildies.

Glad to see it broken by such a simple mechanic. Having spent over 200hrs at manastones including a failed afk check 52? hours in I can sympathise more than most people, but your anger should be at the poor mechanic design, not those playing smarter. You could have at any stage levelled a rogue with bonechips and ran him there to PP beads in 3 hours tops.

Reality is they should never drop in the first place. Make a new server, at current end of blue timeline, with zero legacy items, and no handouts from GM's. None of this nonsense to contend with in the first place.
Agree would love to see a P99 Black.
No legacy items.
1 account per IP.
No logging onto others accounts.

Would be far more classic
Old 07-22-2021, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agree would love to see a P99 Black.
No legacy items.
1 account per IP.
No logging onto others accounts.

Would be far more classic
Preventing account sharing is essentially impossible
Old 07-22-2021, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFriend99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is only a slight indicator of the type of people they are in Real life and hence why i shit on them in the game about their real life.

Poor excuses for human beings -cant even win at the 21 yr old elf sim, gotta cheat or bend rules to win.

It's 21 yrs old brother, if you cant manage to win legit, then you suck more then anyone ive ever graced and why you even log in perplexes me.
Win legit? You are literally standing in a line for 55 hours killing a lvl 35 monster ad nauseam with 0 danger.

Sounds like total bull shit to punish people who figured out how to game the system using 100% legal methods.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 07-22-2021, 11:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Win legit? You are literally standing in a line for 55 hours killing a lvl 35 monster ad nauseam with 0 danger.

Sounds like total bull shit to punish people who figured out how to game the system using 100% legal methods.
Agreed
Old 07-23-2021, 12:43 AM
Kobold

honestly isn't this just rogues being rogues, your hard work means nothing, you picked the wrong class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Preventing account sharing is essentially impossible
impossible?

cant you just check ip, if a new login comes in and it pings halfway around the world in <5m it's an account being shared.
Last edited by Shac; 07-23-2021 at 12:46 AM..
Old 07-23-2021, 01:08 AM
Planar Protector

I vote the rogues get to keep their beads, but receive a 1-way transfer to Red...or whatever that chinese EQ server is called, that works too.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly isn't this just rogues being rogues, your hard work means nothing, you picked the wrong class.

impossible?

cant you just check ip, if a new login comes in and it pings halfway around the world in <5m it's an account being shared.
He is mostly correct...but, there are ways to make it much harder and riskier. If nothing else they'd occasionally get to publicly ban a few dozen players and the rest of the server gets to read their crocodile tears in RNF...but it does actually dissuade bad behavior in the future.

Same way we dealt with platlord and others...just because it is impossible to stop all RMT doesn't mean you don't clamp down every once in a while to remind folks of the rules and consequences.
Closed Thread