Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to answer the OP, never, not classic.
I hate this answer. There are so many things "not classic" on green. The answer is becoming to be nothing more than a sad meme
Old 03-19-2020, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

/pet health

thats a key one
Old 03-20-2020, 12:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate this answer. There are so many things "not classic" on green. The answer is becoming to be nothing more than a sad meme
Stop asking for more to not be classic and it won’t come up.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-20-2020, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah now that some things aren't classic, then my pet issue shouldn't be either.

Also ZERO/10 for this thread. No rant or flame here.
Old 03-20-2020, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop asking for more to not be classic and it won’t come up.
I have never asked for anything. But the answer is a meme.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albanwr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It just seems that way because people are constantly asking for shit that goes against the stated goal of the project. Once people get it through their thick ass heads to stop asking for non-classic shit then the meme will go away.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-20-2020, 03:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/pet health

thats a key one
/pet report health
Old 03-20-2020, 05:36 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Not a meme, I was actually serious. Project 1999 is a classic server first and foremost. The pet UI was not ingame until December 2001, after the release of Shadows of Luclin.

There's a lot of changes to the original game to make sure that the feeling of classic is still in tact that are reasonably classic, like the zone experience modifiers being heightened for indoor dungeons among others despite them not having an insane modifier in classic, like Crushbone. The combat formulas on Project 1999 are not classic, but tuned in a way that they're similar to what people remember. I recall Rogean mentioning that he remembers a warrior geared a specific way was able to tank AoW and he manually tuned the damage until it aligned right. Item linking is another example of a non-classic mechanic kept in as it's one of the QOL adjustments that players have become accustomed to. Item linking came in at Luclin. Hidecorpse looted is in and is a very later era feature. The list goes on...

That also means if something was exploitable or majorly game-changing - such as clickies not intended to be used by specific classes, or vendor-bought items that can be crafted into items that sell for more than their purchase price, and others, that it will be reviewed by the staff on a case by case basis and adjust them if it wasn't something often done in Classic -> Velious EQ. And that is up to the discretion of Nilbog and Rogean. Your opinion really doesn't matter if you think something is classic or not here; their word is law, they don't answer to you. The NPCs in this game are more important to them than the players, especially after 10 years of dealing with rude asshats in the endgame raid scene among other drama-causers.

If you don't like it, there are plenty more classic-style EQ servers to play on that have different ideas of how to preserve the game, though none will have as big of a population as Project 1999.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 03-20-2020, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a meme, I was actually serious. Project 1999 is a classic server first and foremost. The pet UI was not ingame until December 2001, after the release of Shadows of Luclin.

There's a lot of changes to the original game to make sure that the feeling of classic is still in tact that are reasonably classic, like the zone experience modifiers being heightened for indoor dungeons among others despite them not having an insane modifier in classic, like Crushbone. The combat formulas on Project 1999 are not classic, but tuned in a way that they're similar to what people remember. I recall Rogean mentioning that he remembers a warrior geared a specific way was able to tank AoW and he manually tuned the damage until it aligned right. Item linking is another example of a non-classic mechanic kept in as it's one of the QOL adjustments that players have become accustomed to. Item linking came in at Luclin. Hidecorpse looted is in and is a very later era feature. The list goes on...

That also means if something was exploitable or majorly game-changing - such as clickies not intended to be used by specific classes, or vendor-bought items that can be crafted into items that sell for more than their purchase price, and others, that it will be reviewed by the staff on a case by case basis and adjust them if it wasn't something often done in Classic -> Velious EQ. And that is up to the discretion of Nilbog and Rogean. Your opinion really doesn't matter if you think something is classic or not here; their word is law, they don't answer to you. The NPCs in this game are more important to them than the players, especially after 10 years of dealing with rude asshats in the endgame raid scene among other drama-causers.

If you don't like it, there are plenty more classic-style EQ servers to play on that have different ideas of how to preserve the game, though none will have as big of a population as Project 1999.
Fuckin' mic drop, /applaud

(Consider blue today.)
Closed Thread