Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: You have been selected for additional screening.
This flimsy mask will surely protect me. 44 20.66%
I have or wish to have the Coronavirus. 24 11.27%
I have some other virus; HIV or maybe viral Meningitis. 7 3.29%
I am already dead. 67 31.46%
On my way to Vegas, Randall Flagg is calling. 32 15.02%
Mossad agents are dancing again. 39 18.31%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2020, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any legit sight with actual numbers is showing: 80% minor symptoms and self resolve, 20% end up needing some type of hospitalization.

That's why there is the big push, not to stop people from getting it, but stop them from getting it all at once.

"Medcram" youtube channel lectures been doing a fantastic, fact based, short and sweet break down since it started in china back in Jan.
^^^^^^ seems like a legit well informed poster who is use to the shit hitting the fan like a cool and normal person.

Also, had it, what is the chance that I will be one of those 20% upon - reinfection? I am guess the hospitalization occurs in victims who have an extreme inflammatory response in their lungs and since I am keeping this symptomatically cool, I will be good to go.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^^^^ seems like a legit well informed poster who is use to the shit hitting the fan like a cool and normal person.

Also, had it, what is the chance that I will be one of those 20% upon - reinfection? I am guess the hospitalization occurs in victims who have an extreme inflammatory response in their lungs and since I am keeping this symptomatically cool, I will be good to go.
That's the big question, reinfection really. Nobody knows. Sounds like people are getting it again after clearing a test but that just might be the tests. Kinda like a D&D encounter, where the virus is like "roll initiative" and you beat it, Then a few days later it's like "roll initiative" your like wtf lol.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the big question, reinfection really. Nobody knows. Sounds like people are getting it again after clearing a test but that just might be the tests. Kinda like a D&D encounter, where the virus is like "roll initiative" and you beat it, Then a few days later it's like "roll initiative" your like wtf lol.
Which would be an absolute NIGHTMARE as it's now know the virus can survive (up to? at least?) 7 days on hard surfaces and even longer on things like clothes and bedding. People would essentially be forced to vacate their home for upwards of two weeks the ensure that they dont get reinfected! And think about hotels and motels. WTF are they gonna do?

The inaction of our Federal Government in the face of this crisis has been absolutely insane. I mean I knew Donny T wasn't exactly the person I would have chosen to lead our country in the face of pandemic, but thus far he's failed to meet my already-very-low expectations.

State Governors have so far been the only leaders I've seen show any initiative and actually take action. Here in NY a lot of itseems ass backwards though. They're doing things like closing down outdoor parks, while leaving mass transport, malls, cinemas, restaurants etc etc open. It's incredibly sad to say it, but it's a shame this pandemic didn't happen in 2021 instead. Being an election year it sure seems like EVERYTHING that is being done has been to bolster the economy, instead of actually making people safer and slowing the spread of the virus.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 03-15-2020 at 04:07 PM..
Old 03-15-2020, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Aren't NYC schools still open? Holy hell.

To people thinking this is overblown... I hope you're right. My instincts tell me though that this is one of the biggest events that we'll go though in our lives, and after the world will be significantly different. I don't think 2008 or 9/11 will hold a candle to this. If the sick pay thing goes through I think that will help, but so many stubborn people in this country make me think that we won't curb the spread of this thing enough to prevent hundreds of thousands of deaths.
Old 03-15-2020, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't NYC schools still open? Holy hell.

To people thinking this is overblown... I hope you're right. My instincts tell me though that this is one of the biggest events that we'll go though in our lives, and after the world will be significantly different. I don't think 2008 or 9/11 will hold a candle to this. If the sick pay thing goes through I think that will help, but so many stubborn people in this country make me think that we won't curb the spread of this thing enough to prevent hundreds of thousands of deaths.
NYC schools will be closed starting Monday, announced by Cuomo's office, last I read. Upstate already has university professors in self-quarantine after contact with a confirmed case in New Orleans.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:21 PM
Banned

24 more days to go, by my estimate.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This post won't age well.
Actually, all the freaking out this time wont age well, is my call. There have been worse "pandemics" without the drastic measures that have been enforced this time. Social media is to blame, people are whipping each other up into a frenzy. This is just really stupid.

I am more worried about the overblown reaction than I am to getting this virus. And we are only encouraging al Qaida to use this as a blueprint for future events
Old 03-16-2020, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, all the freaking out this time wont age well, is my call. There have been worse "pandemics" without the drastic measures that have been enforced this time. Social media is to blame, people are whipping each other up into a frenzy. This is just really stupid.

I am more worried about the overblown reaction than I am to getting this virus. And we are only encouraging al Qaida to use this as a blueprint for future events
hmmm who should i listen to... leading health experts in italy who witnessed the collapse of their healthcare system firsthand, or p1999 forum poster nilstonakrat????? tough call
Old 03-16-2020, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hmmm who should i listen to... leading health experts in italy who witnessed the collapse of their healthcare system firsthand, or p1999 forum poster nilstonakrat????? tough call
Yeah, but do those health experts have a forum avatar of a guy holding a sword AND fire?! nilstonakrat is clearly the authority here.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pico [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shitty eurotrash country, with shitty eurotrash immigration enforcement, with even shittier eurotrash socialized medicine. Who ever woulda thunk it could turn out so bad?

How is russia? You know, that country that has a massive thousands of mile border with china? They must be getting savaged!?!? Let us know.
Closed Thread