Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Pause the Green servers timeline.
Yes 49 37.98%
No 80 62.02%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 06:35 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Exclamation Let's pause Greens timeline 60 days during this global crisis.

Let's pause the timeline for 60 days during this growing global pandemic that is or will be shortly effecting every single person's life on the planet in some way (that sounds crazy to say but is 100% factual) since this has never happened before in our lifetime.

Let's pause things here, take the pressure off as people rush to finish legacy items and make the server a place people can come to and escape reality without any deadlines, giving people time if they were to even start on the server today.

I dont think in the grand scheme of things 60 days will put the server out of "classic". I've played off and on during the launch of both of red and blue and I get the naysayers, but this is uncharted territory. Let's do our part to make this as stress free as possible.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Idiot
Old 03-18-2020, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

I’d personally prefer they accelerate the timeline, the really server needs some Kunark or at very least the Temple of Ro.

But that won’t happen, nor should it. Let the Project continue on as planned. A year from now nobody will care who got what legacy item.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-18-2020, 08:44 PM
Kobold

Accelerate timeline. Solro era monday.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:53 PM
Server GM

no.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:00 PM
Fire Giant

I'd want to say yes just because I'm having a blast and don't want it to move yet, I still want that lustrous!

But I voted No because a timeline was set out and wouldn't want to sped up or slowed down.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCleric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's do our part to make this as stress free as possible
Right, so your suggestion will be the opposite of that.

What is happening: Unprecedented chaos and a substantive change in our society.
What people crave: Normalcy, predictability, the same routine.

P99 is completely predictable, both in it's published and public timeline and in it's ancient and time-worn mechanics. You are seeking to change that strictly for your own needs. That's because you want more time for your manastone and your guise because everyone is working from home and the server is more crowded now. Perfectly understandable demand, but don't cloak it in piety. There are many people sick of /lists and the stress and drama they cause and would like to be done with endless rubicite camping and move on to the next scheduled thing. Sorry about your guise, you can roll a Rogue later and you can always save up for a stone.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:02 PM
Banned

Why? We all have more time to play now? COVID19 quarantine is not classic... Server numbers are up...
Old 03-18-2020, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

I play red, but ya you could do both. Open ro. Maybe make limited kunark, like all iksar noob areas + OT, FM, FV. But no dungeons available. N freeze timeline with legacy items till this blows over.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play red, but ya you could do both. Open ro. Maybe make limited kunark, like all iksar noob areas + OT, FM, FV. But no dungeons available. N freeze timeline with legacy items till this blows over.
I want an Iksar warrior with a guise too!