Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2020, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Default Interested in your opinions on my next alt

Hello P99 Family,

I’m a long time player on server and play with my brother. We mostly just duo and do small group hood rat shit. We have several 60 chars including shaman, mage, Sk, Chanter and cleric. I mostly play the Shaman, Mage and Sk.

However, I want to make a new char to lvl up. My options of classes I’m considering are Druid, Paladin, Ranger, Warrior and Wizard. I don’t have much experience on any of these classes so I’d appreciate your suggestions on what you would recommend I make. The char will be a Twink with roughly 30-50k worth of pp to spend if that helps.

Thanks for your insight.
Old 04-01-2020, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

DRU/WIZ don't twink well for obvious reasons, but would result in a useful port bot for you and your brother. I wouldn't drop the full 30-50k on DRU/WIZ since you aren't really going to see a difference unless you can get your mana pool high enough to do multiple quads without medding.

out of that list, my pick would be WAR since you already have a hybrid, and 30-50k will go pretty far on a melee twink. not sure what current fungi prices are like but I imagine they aren't low enough to fit into a 30-50k build, but you can still do really well without one, especially if you have your brother buffing you with your other chars.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

You would gain from having a porter. Not sure about druid thurgadin clicky armor, but a twinked wiz will lvl very fast as you can pull lots of mobs and quad em down from lvl 8.
Old 04-02-2020, 08:13 AM
Sarnak

Easily druid, you have no porter and potg is one of the best buff in the game. I would go wiz if you need TL to bind really badly for the SK.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Banned

Definitely druid, and don't listen to these people about not being able to twink one.

To hell w/ quadding (would rather take my dick to a grinding wheel). Figure out a path to 60 mostly charming animals and get a ton of AC / HP with all the clickies you can manage (gazughi, DS gloves, snare earring, DoT bracer, yadda yadda)

I'd start with getting enough faction to get a velious BP for that utterly broken Regrowth of the Grove click.

Oh and druids can wear a fungi. Super strong if charming, you will be taking damage.

Could easily dump 100k into a druid and be an absolute baller animal charmer. They just buffed permafrost so bear pits...even without gear its a 55-60 superhighway.

edit: do you guys have a necro in your stable yet? make your bro play a necro and static duo...its a nasty little combo
Last edited by kjs86z; 04-02-2020 at 10:10 AM..
Old 04-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

His next alt will be necro, that’s why it wasn’t one of my options.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
His next alt will be necro, that’s why it wasn’t one of my options.
then play a druid alongside him and enjoy the synergy

no brainer
Old 04-03-2020, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Necro/Druid have terrible synergy. There's like 2 zones in the game that have both animals & undead.

Based on your listed options & the fact that your bro is going to be a Necro, I'd 100% go Warrior. Can deck one out pretty nicely with your budget, and you will have a viable slow option with Truncheon of Doom at higher levels which will pair well with Necro heals. Warrior tankage/dps/slows/bloodpoints 50+ to go with with necro cc/dps/fd/heals is going to be a pretty nasty duo.

If you're trying to roll the same race for this combo, 2x Gnomes would be cool, especially since Gnome warriors can 40% spell haste themselves. Can't go wrong with 2x Iksars either.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:02 AM
Planar Protector

Necro/druid duo is great. I played necro with my brother's druid. You don't *need* to have 2 charm pets just because both classes can charm. Don't know what Crede is on about here.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necro/Druid have terrible synergy.
lol
Closed Thread