Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Whatever happens, I hope red99 continues to thrive and the teams server happens and becomes a success. SOE had a track record of ruining their pvp content and then simply shutting down the servers when no one wanted to play them anymore.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't think it is the patches that are the problem. They likely do have some or most of them, somewhere. I think the problem is the database and scripts. It wouldn't have much sense for them to constantly back those up unless they specifics foresaw releasing a classic server ten years later. Not likely.
definitely not missing any patches, anymore at least:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=190539
Old 05-05-2015, 04:14 AM
Aviak

Well - If I were Daybreak and wanted to take over p99 I would buy the real assets - the p99 staff.
I would hire the p99 staff and ask them to make a Daybreak server in the spirit of p99.
A progression server following the exact timeline and with all expansions. Never been done - and with enough manpower and the access to source code I think it could be achieved.
I know I would play that server....I would pay to play that server.
Old 05-05-2015, 04:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyveteran248 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I honestly hope Daybreak decides to buy P1999 and starts selling access. The rate at which bugs get fixed would go up, and the customer service mentality of the devs and GMs would change: it would go from being "its our server, play by our rules or we will destroy you" to "this is making us money and we need to treat players like customers."

Within a year they'll start rolling out Luclin, PoP, etc and charge $9.99 per download.

So... basically... you want a full progression server hosted by Sony/Daybreak.

Good news bro, your perfect server starts in June. Sad to see you go but best of luck.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whatever happens, I hope red99 continues to thrive and the teams server happens and becomes a success. SOE had a track record of ruining their pvp content and then simply shutting down the servers when no one wanted to play them anymore.
Agreed, and that doesn't just apply to pvp content... they let fans decide on a new server, then when it's underpopulated (but certainly not dead, has a decent community) they float a rumor that they're considering a shut down of that server.. THAT then causes the rest of the community to disperse, and oh shit... then we see an announcement that the server is getting movelogged into an existing server and replaced with something else.

- SOE, 2009
Old 05-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Daybreak does have archives as far back as 1999, but not like you think.

For example, the recent patches Dzarn made to Live (That I considered porting over to P99) that fixed all the black spots on old models also put in a complete overhaul of animations fo most Luclin models that were originally intended to be the model animations at Luclin release but they changed them for one reason or another. It also put in several changed textures including a 'nightmare pegasus'

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

New beetle and pixie textures (additions, not replacements)

The missing High elf merchant models

Kazon Stormhammer's unique model

and King ak'Anon's unique model

All of which had been sitting unused in a 'vault' since 1999. Never implemented for whatever reason. They also have the Firiona Vie unique model (minus animations) they used in a screenshot on the back of the Luclin box that never went in.

However, model and zone backups and archives aren't necessarily code. Point being they DO keep backups and archives tucked away from the days the game released, but if you're expecting them to have entire server code back ups that is highly unlikely, they may not even have EQMac's set up anymore. And that only sunset a couple years ago
Old 05-05-2015, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and King ak'Anon's unique model

That's awesome.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

What I really want to see is the staff here get formally recognized for a job well done, nothing says GOOD JOB!! like a pat on the back and maybe a spirited handy
Old 05-05-2015, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's awesome.
Off topic, but I always wanted city leaders to be raid bosses. This King ak'Anon would be sweet to raid. Maybe as custom content someday...
Old 05-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I really want to see is the staff here get formally recognized for a job well done, nothing says GOOD JOB!! like a pat on the back and maybe a spirited handy
As good as Paypal donations are to keep the server running, I'd like to see a PO Box set up as well to send things to the staff... you know, like they do for other games. From breakfast burrito vouchers to Family Guy box sets... imagine the possibilities.
Closed Thread