Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Default Custom Content Idea Thread?

If there is even a possibility that there is going to be custom content added to the game instead of continuing into Luclin, is there any idea what this might be? New continents, or smaller dungeons only? I was thinking of a few ideas...
  • Class specific mounts? I know mounts were done in later Everquest, which I never played, but it seems like a fun idea.
  • Necromancer burning skeleton pet? With a fire damage shield? Either a line of pets or one at higher levels.
  • 51+ class titles, such as Heretic, Warlock, Champion, Pathfinder etc, added as pre-name titles? So your name would be Warlock Soandso Surname, visible to others in the game.
  • No Luclin models, but slight twinks, maybe more faces, to existing models?

Is there another thread like this? I think it could be fun to explore...
Old 08-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Mounts would require luclin models. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

A mini expansion consisting of later 'classic' zones.

E.g. Stonebrunt/Warrens, SolC and Veksar but slightly toned down from Live in terms of loot and so on.

Quests like the Qeynos investigators badge and Froglok crown, as well as the Warrior epic scale dye quest.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

No Luclin models, but slight twinks, maybe more faces, to existing models?

I would love to be able to select the bearded human face already in the game: http://wiki.project1999.com/images/N...in_shirtov.png
Old 08-29-2015, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

New zones added that were based on the classic map of Norrath but were never implemented, or implemented later (but redone to the classic graphic feel).

The Dead Hills
Unkempt Wood
Winters Deep
Loping Plains
Frigid Plains
Rujarkian Hills
Barren Coast
Lake Neriuss
The Northland
Serpent's Spine
Dragonscale Hills
Hills of Shade
Jaggedpine Forest

Etc..etc.

Nilbog also mentioned perhaps some quests that could give class specific AA's, as well as some we get from just experience. This could keep the classic feel of p1999 but add content and a few AA'S to keep us going within the already existing realm of Norrath, more importantly the original 1st three land masses.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaleth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New zones added that were based on the classic map of Norrath but were never implemented, or implemented later (but redone to the classic graphic feel).

The Dead Hills
Unkempt Wood
Winters Deep
Loping Plains
Frigid Plains
Rujarkian Hills
Barren Coast
Lake Neriuss
The Northland
Serpent's Spine
Dragonscale Hills
Hills of Shade
Jaggedpine Forest

Etc..etc.

Nilbog also mentioned perhaps some quests that could give class specific AA's, as well as some we get from just experience. This could keep the classic feel of p1999 but add content and a few AA'S to keep us going within the already existing realm of Norrath, more importantly the original 1st three land masses.
I thought Rogean and Nilbog ripped out all the code for AA's years ago. Was NEVER going to happen what I remember?
Old 08-29-2015, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaleth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Dead Hills
Unkempt Wood
Winters Deep
Loping Plains
Frigid Plains
Rujarkian Hills
Barren Coast
Lake Neriuss
The Northland
Serpent's Spine
Dragonscale Hills
Hills of Shade
Jaggedpine Forest

Etc..etc.

Serpent's Spine is not really a zone, it's an entire expansion. with several zones inside it. Unkempt Woods, Winter's Deep, Frigid Plains, Lake Neriuss, and the Northland are still not in EQ today (On Live).

The zones that are in, most of them would require a more modern client than Titanium (Dragonscale Hills/Hills of Shade/Loping Plains = Secrets of Faydwer, Anything Serpent's Spine = ... The Serpent's Spine, Barren Coast/The Buried Sea = ...The Buried Sea, The Dead Hills/Neriak 4th Gate = Call of The Forsaken). you can hack the client to enable them, but then the devs would have to distribute the zone files (bad). Or tell people to download the Live client and drag them from them (No one would, too much effort).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaSeven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there is even a possibility that there is going to be custom content added to the game instead of continuing into Luclin
Herp
Old 08-29-2015, 04:27 PM
Banned

i like lake zones. we could use more lakes. also, dragons in lake rathe. tree fiddy
Old 08-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

I'm pretty sure I'll be dead and buried before there's custom content on P99.