Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You and JD don't even think a "far left" exists.

Far left Progressives make up about 8% of the country.

Moderate leftists outnumber you. A lot of them think you guys take things way too far.

Democrat politicians and corporations cater to you because you infest Twitter and those idiots think Twitter represents America.
Far left Progressive means different things and there is no objective standard for a vague term like that.

Twitter idiots, AT&T and Comcost arn't in the same group as me politically on any issue. Yet somehow you magically lump us together as "far left progressives."

BTW: thanks for affirming my point to Cecily.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 06-07-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Old 06-07-2019, 05:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You and JD don't even think a "far left" exists.

Far left Progressives make up about 8% of the country.

Moderate leftists outnumber you. A lot of them think you guys take things way too far.

Democrat politicians and corporations cater to you because you infest Twitter and those idiots think Twitter represents America.
still not an argument
Old 06-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wealth in this country is getting more concentrated. Faster than the economy grows.
Not An Argument. There's no reason why wealth might not concentrate on a logarithmic scale. Whether it's linear or not is kinda immaterial.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudette [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not An Argument. There's no reason why wealth might not concentrate on a logarithmic scale. Whether it's linear or not is kinda immaterial.
I wasn't making any argument there. I was accurately asserting that wealth concentration exists in America ATM. That and the pace of wealth concentration is faster than the rate of growth. Which back when conservatives pretended to have an intellectual argument for their policies, was their rationalization for liberal market economies like ours (that growth lifts all boats and its better to maximize that for all groups). In reality, growth can occur while lower classes lose out. Which is what is happening in America.* And has been since around Reagan...hmmmm

* not that the growth is anything to brag about. Other economies that aren't liberal market economies have similar (in some cases far better) rates of growth.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 06-07-2019 at 05:55 PM..
Old 06-07-2019, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when you're charmed by the anti-sjw meme magic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's because you entire definition of "left" is given to you by corporate news and rightwing internet trolls. They have convinced you that "left" means you hate white men and want them banned from social media or something.

That's actually a small minority of people with a big corporate microphone called CNN and MSNBC. (or AKA, Comcast and AT&T) They literally represent less than 1% of the population.

Anything that's not white nationalist or free-market magical thinking is basically left atm.

You ever noticed how all these posters that are soooo offended by being considered racist are....you know -- racists. Motivated mostly by anti-immgrant pro-white identity politics.

It's either old line of shit or the one about lassez-faire economics or both. That's entire rightwing in this country. Discluding some old out of it fox viewers that simply think the left are deamons and otherwise don't think that much about actual policy or politics.

But that breed is dying out and being replaced mostly by memeing racists that ironically think they're "against identity politics."
I haven’t read that novel, but I think you both misunderstand me. To reiterate, my opinion the far left is a bunch of cringey spergs who can’t deal with people having their own opinions. Kinda like radical feminists, but people who will lynch me instead for questioning my own pronouns. Neither one of you, afaik, is trans and therefore I don’t think you have my uh “lived experience” of being protected by liberal politics. It’s nice to have people have my back, but I value critical thinking more than herd values.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Banned

Reality check: Progessives like me thought Russiagate was bullshit

We are represented a somwhat in the Nation Magazine. But mostly from a handful of youtube commentators. Why?

Because corporations like NewsCorp. AT&T, and Comcast, don't like our message or platform getting any airtime.

Ed Shultz was fired for wanting to cover Bernie Sanders. That platform doesn't represent the economic populist left. Which I think is probably a hell of a lot higher than 8%.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

And how the fuck dare you tell me where I got my opinion from. I get my opinion from my language being censored in real life by members of “the community.”
Old 06-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven’t read that novel, but I think you both misunderstand me. To reiterate, my opinion the far left is a bunch of cringey spergs who can’t deal with people having their own opinions. Kinda like radical feminists, but people who will lynch me instead for questioning my own pronouns. Neither one of you, afaik, is trans and therefore I don’t think you have my uh “lived experience” of being protected by liberal politics. It’s nice to have people have my back, but I value critical thinking more than herd values.
So you don't like identity politics when it turns dogmatic and authoritarian?

That's most of "the left" just fyi. As Dino more or less just admitted despite his constant posting about "the left" <link unrepresentative example>.

The whole idea this is a big number of people is perpetuated mostly by the alt-right. Who again, LOVE identity politics as long as its white identity politics.

White identity politics is actually a huge part of the problem in this country. It prevents normal workers from uniting around a common platform.

And my argument is that is by design. It's the billionaire media perpetuating issues keep the working class divided and ignoring ones that unite them.

So they call me a communist...
Old 06-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

I want my demographic to have protected access to the benefits of being an American citizen. Protection from employment / housing / healthcare discrimination along with access to public accommodations, which include restrooms, is the extent of my “identity politics” as far as it regards transpeople. I’d also like to not get raped if I go to prison if that’s not asking too much.

I’d also like this to apply to everyone else because human beings deserve nothing less.
Last edited by Cecily; 06-07-2019 at 06:14 PM..
Old 06-07-2019, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how the fuck dare you tell me where I got my opinion from. I get my opinion from my language being censored in real life by members of “the community.”
I underestimated your RL experience with radical identity authoritarians.

Yea its too bad we have to worry about these weridos opinions because our corporate overlords have decided to use them as a tool to divide normal people.
Closed Thread