Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It works fine here with Wine for macOS, so it seems to be an issue with Wineskin

https://wiki.winehq.org/MacOS

https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/macosx/download.html
do we need to upgrade or downgrade wine or wineskin? What is your suggestion?
Old 09-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to confirm, you got Project 1999 working with the latest patch? (on a Mac)
To add, on the newest Mac OS? I'm pretty sure it's the new v49 "dsetup.dll" file. Wineskin will boot into the char screen when I use the v47 "DSETUP.dll" file but will say my spell files are outdated. When I use the v49 "dsetup.dll" Wineskin will not even open, it will try to open / hang / then close itself. The wineskin logs say "dsetup.dll" failed which in turns causing eqgame.exe to not launch.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:15 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to confirm, you got Project 1999 working with the latest patch? (on a Mac)
yes, running on macOS Mojave 10.14,6 with Wine Stable 4.0.1 and I am not using the Wine wrapper Wineskin
Old 09-09-2019, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To add, on the newest Mac OS? I'm pretty sure it's the new v49 "dsetup.dll" file. Wineskin will boot into the char screen when I use the v47 "DSETUP.dll" file but will say my spell files are outdated. When I use the v49 "dsetup.dll" Wineskin will not even open, it will try to open / hang / then close itself. The wineskin logs say "dsetup.dll" failed which in turns causing eqgame.exe to not launch.
Yes same here
Old 09-09-2019, 12:23 PM
Fire Giant

so are we wineskin wrapper (version 2.6.2) users supposed to switch to Wine Stable 4.0.1 ?
Old 09-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so are we wineskin wrapper (version 2.6.2) users supposed to switch to Wine Stable 4.0.1 ?
Wine is for MacOS 10.8 (?) Or higher, i couldnt find a version online for MacOS 10.1
Old 09-09-2019, 12:39 PM
Aviak

I can confirm that EQ works for me on patch 49 with Wine Stable 4.0.2. Graphics run smoothly, I can log in and camp out without client crashing.

Downloaded Wine from here:

https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/macosx/download.html

If I had to guess why Wine Stable works and Wineskin doesn't, I'd bet Wineskin uses an older version of Wine which doesn't support whatever new stuff's in that DLL.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Aviak

Just to add - if you previously used Wineskin and want to use Wine Stable instead, here are the exact steps:

1. Download the Wine Stable .pkg from the above link, and install
2. Click "Wine Stable" from Launcher. Approve all the permission pop-ups
3. In the terminal that pops up, navigate to the directory with your P99.app (or whatever you named the Wineskin app for EQ)
4. Go into P99.app, it's a directory. Inside, go to drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest
5. Run EQ with `wine eqgame.exe patchme`

You can make a shortcut icon if you figure out where Wine Stable put its executable, just with the command `<full path to wine> <full path to eqgame.exe> patchme`
Last edited by erlkoenig; 09-09-2019 at 01:01 PM..
Old 09-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlkoenig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to add - if you previously used Wineskin and want to use Wine Stable instead, here are the exact steps:

1. Download the Wine Stable .pkg from the above link, and install
2. Click "Wine Stable" from Launcher. Approve all the permission pop-ups
3. In the terminal that pops up, navigate to the directory with your P99.app (or whatever you named the Wineskin app for EQ)
4. Go into P99.app, it's a directory. Inside, go to drive_c/Program Files/Sony/EverQuest
5. Run EQ with `wine eqgame.exe patchme`

You can make a shortcut icon if you figure out where Wine Stable put its executable, just with the command `<full path to wine> <full path to eqgame.exe> patchme`

Thank you! Ill try when i get home
Old 09-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Aviak

Going to try wine stable tonight. I haven't updated anything yet. Erlko, this works regarless of the OS or do I have to update to Mojave? I think I am still using High Sierra.