Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-12-2019, 05:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok engine then. Do what the video says but use the 2.6 engine. I did what I'm explaining to you and it works for me...
Tell me what engine you are using exactly and I will try it(this video is the method I have always used up until v49). The most updated wrapper version is 2.6.2 which makes me think you may be confused. Also, are you on the most up to date version of Mac OS?

Thanks
Old 09-12-2019, 05:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d_glasses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok engine then. Do what the video says but use the 2.6 engine. I did what I'm explaining to you and it works for me...
Actually reading through your post history, you may mean Wineskin application version 2.6.0?
Old 09-12-2019, 06:10 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually reading through your post history, you may mean Wineskin application version 2.6.0?
No I don't, use engine WS9Wine2.6
Old 09-12-2019, 06:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by szjanoski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am on El Capitan 10.11.6
Old 09-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I am on El Capitan 10.11.6
Could be that's why its working for you, El Capitan will be 4 years old on the 30th. I'll try WS9Wine2.6 though, thanks for the suggestions.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Could be that's why its working for you, El Capitan will be 4 years old on the 30th. I'll try WS9Wine2.6 though, thanks for the suggestions.
I dont know I also used that P99 video to install the game and have been playing with no problems since last winter. When I updated my everquest files with the latest update, it would not start any longer. I discovered the solution I told you through the posts in this thread. It was not until I reinstalled everything using the different engine that it worked.
Old 09-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I dont know I also used that P99 video to install the game and have been playing with no problems since last winter. When I updated my everquest files with the latest update, it would not start any longer. I discovered the solution I told you through the posts in this thread. It was not until I reinstalled everything using the different engine that it worked.
Gonna try using engine WS9Wine2.6 reinstall here soon, appreciate the suggestions whether or not it works. I never had an issue either until v49 and I've been on p99 since January 2016. I am also using the most recent Mac OS , we shall see here shortly.
Old 09-12-2019, 08:14 PM
Aviak

Yeah it didn't work, I imagine it has to do with you using a 4 year old version of mac os. Thanks anyway though
Old 09-12-2019, 11:08 PM
Banned

So should I setup Boot CAmp Windows 10 tomorrow, or does the wine wrapper fix actually work on Mojave 10.14.6 and does p1999 opeRate well, visually, etc. ?

Pls adviSe

tyty
Old 09-12-2019, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenmir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can confirmed that Erlkoenig's instructions worked for me.

[insert German Romantic art song joke here]
LURED BY THE ELF KING!

In seinen Armen das Kind war tot.

<Gravity>