Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forgive my noobness what does Schw mean?

I noticed werewolf haste doesn't stack with bard song haste? This means it's better than The jonathons line until the mid 40s one... I had JWW in my set list when I fight, is it worth replacing* with something else now?
Any advice?

Even when I get the slightly better one 48% haste to 40% on werewolf, given that werewolf can do most of that is it more optimum to use another song.
Can’t click werewolf illusion until 40. So that’s only 5 levels where it’s your best spell/song haste until the 45 self. But yes you should probably use werewolf if melee soloing to save you having to twist in that haste song.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Back on live, I mained Ranger but my alt was a Bard. I had no issues meleeing, although damage *was* noticeably weaker. But not so much that it hamstringed me.
Between slowing a target, hasting myself to crazy levels, and keeping a DoT or DS up, I managed to solo most things if I had to melee.

Granted, P99 is a different story, so take that with a grain of salt, but I suspect Bard melee is underrated.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can’t click werewolf illusion until 40. So that’s only 5 levels where it’s your best spell/song haste until the 45 self. But yes you should probably use werewolf if melee soloing to save you having to twist in that haste song.
Brilliant thanks, yeah even if there's a slightly better haste I figured it'd be more optimum to just use an entirely different song to minimise like buff overlap/redundancy.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

One more question. Will a haste better than illusion overwrite wolf haste but still let you look like a wolf?

Otherwise I'll continue to identify as a water elemental.
Closed Thread