Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even besides AE kiting, bard charm kiting is the most efficient out of any charms, in any era. Up to 20 ish, most melees will be doing similar damage due to lack of gearing. If anything, a bard meleeing + singing dmg song (maybe swapping out instrument on pulse) would outdamage normal melee at lower levels.

With 0 gear, bard also has the best sustain as they gear regen song so early.

So, even just solo, they would fare way better than basically all the other melee classes at lower levels. Once you get to 20's, just look forward to mana free charming to 50.

(Also, I tank HoT and planar stuff fine on bard, holding aggro ez pz from time 0. Did tank Vindi once from about 30% to dead. Still need bladestoppers cause I want to do VS.)
Very nice! This is with Velious raid gear or when could you efficiently tank planar?
Old 10-17-2019, 09:55 AM
Fire Giant

You started off asking if bards are still worth playing because you can't AoE down huge packs and be "the king of solo xp." You then responded to being told that bards can be great group tanks in classic content by scoffing at the idea, acting like the people who said it don't know what they're talking about, and saying that you'd rather have an enchanter tanking because at least they can stun.

You have shown a lack of knowledge about what bards can do in classic eras and you have shown a willful ignorance with the way that you responded to people calling you out for it.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You started off asking if bards are still worth playing because you can't AoE down huge packs and be "the king of solo xp." You then responded to being told that bards can be great group tanks in classic content by scoffing at the idea, acting like the people who said it don't know what they're talking about, and saying that you'd rather have an enchanter tanking because at least they can stun.

You have shown a lack of knowledge about what bards can do in classic eras and you have shown a willful ignorance with the way that you responded to people calling you out for it.
First semi-non-angry post of the thread. Congratulations, Tenlaar!
Old 10-17-2019, 10:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being so prideful? Lol. I never stated I knew everything about the Bard class.
No, you just tried to insinuate that you were some kind of authority on the topic by referencing how you’d been playing one “since 99“. Then decided to get into an argument with anyone that tried to correct you about aggro and bard tanking capabilities. Here’s a refresher:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksinga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol. I’ve played a bard since 99. How would you plan to hold aggro off any decent DPS Tenlaar?

Not that your insult was directed at me, but it is hilarious calling any bard garbage or mediocre when you are talking about tanking groups as a Bard, especially in classic LOL.

I would rather have the enchanter tank at that point. At least he can stun for aggros!!!
Quote:
My response was sarcasm kind sir. The answer is you can’t hold aggro off any one that isn’t trash, Lol.

Anything you do will not generate you anywhere near the aggro you would need to properly tank.
Quote:
The lvl 20 song sucks for aggro
Quote:
#2. Name one bard ability that generates enough threat to hold over any reliable DPS? The "real" aggro ability that every one in this thread is referring to is 50+. Something that won't be on Green until Kunark (years away?)

#3. What kind of group would even get a bard to tank, especially in classic? Sure, if you were in Kunark and beyond and desperate, go for it. A bard may be a plate class, but they are far from a tanking class.
Quote:
One thing that didn’t change was how squishy bards were. Yes, we wear plate, but our melee stats are fairly low. I feel like people are bard tanking with fungis on Blue and translate that to wanting to MT on Green.
This is pride. No matter how many people (that have been playing on the PvE server, by the way, something you admit you haven't done) are telling you you're wrong, you refuse to not only admit that you might be wrong, but continue to double down. You don't know what you're talking about, and continue to argue with people that do.

I really hope you take a moment to self-reflect and change your approach. Because what you're saying is so demonstrably false, it's asinine to continue to try and argue about it.
Last edited by Indecisive; 10-17-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Old 10-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

And not your first refusal to acknowledge that you're wrong about bard capabilities and you were wrong to react the way that you did to people telling you as much.

Still sticking by your statement that you'd rather have an enchanter tanking for a group?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR
Old 10-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Very nice! This is with Velious raid gear or when could you efficiently tank planar?
I could tank Seb / KC pretty easily in crusty. Mobs die pretty fast and come in pre-slowed since you use that song to aggro, which is another benefit over a traditional tank needing to generate aggro before shaman / ench slow. Once I got some thurg stuff (which I really dont qualify as raid gear) you can tank most non-raid mobs including HoT and planar. You just get better after that with raid gear.

Vindi specifically is great since bards are honestly the best enrage tankers. Max aggro with full confidence vindi wont turn around without any sort of white damage / procs that warriors rely on.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
TLDR
I wouldn't read it if I knew I was wrong, either. Why educate yourself, amirite?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could tank Seb / KC pretty easily in crusty. Mobs die pretty fast and come in pre-slowed since you use that song to aggro, which is another benefit over a traditional tank needing to generate aggro before shaman / ench slow. Once I got some thurg stuff (which I really dont qualify as raid gear) you can tank most non-raid mobs including HoT and planar. You just get better after that with raid gear.
I started tanking Seb and The Hole on my bard at 54 during Kunark with honestly pretty crap gear. A few nice pieces, mostly mediocre Kunark gear with a focus on AC and sta/hp. So many people underestimate how well bards can tank because a lot of it doesn't come through raw damage mitigation like with warrior/knights.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really don't want a repeat of OT petitions on bards and I'm sure the staff don't either.
But that’s classic isn’t that what we’re about
Closed Thread