Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 01:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the wat?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
read OP post
Old 10-18-2019, 03:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The usual story of software development. I bet the fantasy and the plots were running high the first couple of months of development until some guy showed up and said bitches if this thing doesn't launch tomorrow no one is getting paid. And the QA guy was like look at this list and everyone was looking at him and nodding their head yeah and they're saying we know we know we know and meanwhile their right hands are creeping towards the glove box. Where the launch switch is.
lol so Good
Old 10-18-2019, 05:18 AM
Sarnak

I know people who worked on original eq. The Darkpaws were actually going to take over.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 10-18-2019, 05:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

morning before work got a sec to spare figured i would drop some more on you, like the easter egg in game about one of the game testers. to start this story out you have to understand a few things one in the start there was no character slots only a character creation page or a enter world screen when you logged in. testing was done in two phases what they called the initial test phase and the extended test phase. i helped for the duration of the extended test phase, however for the initial test phase there was only a few select able races; human, high elf, and dark elf they may have also had half elf my memory doesn't serve me well on this lol. anyhow there was a player in this testing phase by the name Opal who had a odd problem of not being able to decide on what character she would play. one day she would be a high elf wizard the next day she would be a dark elf cleric. for the first few weeks it wasn't really notable however after a month or so of testing almost everyone who had tested the game even the designers and developers had taken notice to this particular player, one such was a developer that played a human druid named Darkbriar who was known to tease her for this. now im sure if you know anything about the game i can stop here as you get were this is going the NPC's named Opal Darkbriar is actually an easter egg about the testing phase of the game and this tester who keep deleting her character and starting over with another but not just any she keep swapping between the same two race/class combo of high elf wizard and dark elf cleric. so if anyone was ever wandering about the two different Opal Darkbriars in game no need to do so anymore they are not the same npc they are in fact two different ones and have no substantial bearing to one another other then this.
Old 10-18-2019, 05:19 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know people who worked on original eq. The Darkpaws were actually going to take over.
your referring to the Bayle plot. that's actually something that was from the get go and again was never done the way it was meant to go down. however Kane Bayle was not meant to be a end boss but more of a side story for Antonica just like Firiona Vie is the story for Faydwer well sorta seeing as how she kinda stole the spotlight on all of everquest media and became the golden girl for the game. which is why the whole story plot for Bayle family only had a 2 parter in the entire game. its also why they decided that antonia bayle would be the main Girl for Everquest 2.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love for us to get the real story from some actual legit EQ devs and turn that into some "custom content"

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-18-2019, 08:24 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebandit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would love for us to get the real story from some actual legit EQ devs and turn that into some "custom content"
I met Bill Trost at the comic con museum opening. He brought the original 1980s d&d binders featuring Mayong Mistmoore's char sheet and concept art. Really cool stuff.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I met Bill Trost at the comic con museum opening. He brought the original 1980s d&d binders featuring Mayong Mistmoore's char sheet and concept art. Really cool stuff.
Wow thats so awesome. I am very jealous!

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Closed Thread