Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 05:35 PM
Banned

Default Y do u play EQ?

It's Saturday evening and I am thinking of starting another character for casual play.

I'm dreading the hours I will probably still waste infront of my computer while playing this game.

But it seems better than any other option right now other than taking a shower/hotbath (which I will do anyway, whether I played EQ or not, because I don't poopsock)

But I'de kind of just love to have the nostalgia of buffing a bunch of newbs or leveling/grouping/grinding in some of my old out of the way and favorite haunts again...

liek this time around I just want a level 60 druid so that when I get that feel again I can just log in and grab a bunch of people, sow, port, and buff, and do something once in awhile with little commitment or planning, i don't mind carrying my groups at all either, it's kind of fun usually when they are nice chill people who appreciate it

No I don't want to slay dragons, or compete for pixels, or farm gear or play a particularly challenging class.

I just want to watch frogloks die in guk with random players and kobolds in solb and goblins in re and permafrost and just have some ez going fun, not power grinding

maybe grab a nice pair of gatorscale leggings and wolf fur slippers and a chitin shell shield and a silvry scimitar and a lockjaw hide vest

i kind of don't care if I get level 30+ again, I still have 2 fully geared toons here ready to go

but

I don't even want to twink and I know I will loose this weekend and most of this weeks nights to EQ if I did this and started again

I could keep it under control, it might even get me inspired and motivated in school again and give me a desire to manage my time a little better

.... other than EQ, I want to lose weight, and get some cardio so I could eat donuts again without making myself sick and becoming a fat gross bitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Banned

Exclamation

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i did catch "fat gross bitch" tho in my quick scrolldown
Old 02-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Sarnak

Y Does any1 play eq?

To get higher level to get more platinum to get more gear to twink a character to get higher level to get more platinum to get more gear to twink a new character to get higher level to help get more platinum to get more gear to twink a new character....

or

To raid the same mobs over and over to get better gear to raid better the same mobs over and over to get better gear to raid the same mobs over and over...
Old 02-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Banned

u mean u do this for a false sense of achievement in an environment with other like minded people who are sometimes not just npcs?

i know gustoo likes to just help people

I know I like to do that, but I get bored quickly other than leveling in a group there's no carrot I can usually hold to keep myself playing if I miss a few days, my last time I took a break from EQ I havnt been back since almost a yr
Old 02-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Japan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i did catch "fat gross bitch" tho in my quick scrolldown

IN THE DUKE WE TRUST
Old 02-28-2015, 06:05 PM
Banned

100% nostalgia. EQ is not a game to take seriously. Not as an adult.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:16 PM
Banned

I made it exactly 49 minutes. And I think my nostalgia is re-sated. Though server is thriving...
Old 02-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

I play it for the pussy.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 02-28-2015, 08:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by radditsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play it for the pussy.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Orc

Play it to unwind cuz I'm a fukkn nerd and while I love my wife and daughter when they go to bed at night I want to feel the follicles of my neckbeard tingle once again.

Better than that bourbon kick I had goin for a while
Closed Thread