Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Large Rat

Default Graphical oddities since Luclin model disable.

So I had all races, save ogres and trolls, skellies, wolves and Elementals.

Some graphical bugs I now see. Feel like it should be a simple fix but.. I can't modify golbal whatever it was now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000018.jpg (99.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg EQ000020.jpg (94.7 KB, 5 views)
Old 08-03-2015, 01:28 AM
Fire Giant

The skeleton is an issue with updating the Skeleton model files to use Luclin skeleton textures when you were using that model. You need to have a backup of the changed file (global_chr.s3d) which i do not have. You'll have to drag it from a fresh install client or Live client etc.

The gargoyle is due to what gargoyle is loaded. Normally new additional textures for models (Ry'Gor for orcs, Snowfang for Gnolls) was an additional texture, on top of all previous textures, and was only available in the zones that they were present in in Velious (but could be loaded elsewhere via globalload or the individual _chr text files for every zone). For whatever reason ,the gargoyles for Velious did not work this way and the ones in the _chr files in Velious zones ONLY have the Velious texture (like in your screenshot) as texture 0 and no stone texture at all.

When Velious launched the devs made Kael_chr.s3d global. This file contains the Velious Gargoyles. Thus the Velium gargoyle texture is globally loading and overwriting the models with the stone texture in all previous zones. This is a fix the DEVs have to make, you can't do anything about it. I'd suggest filing a bug report.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:40 AM
Sarnak

The skeleton one could be due to texture caching. Delete global_chr.wld.txc and similar, if they're in your EQ folder.