Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 05:39 AM
Fire Giant

Default Do solo battle bards benefit from item haste much?

Do solo battle bards benefit from item haste much?

My bards low level and still scraps a lot.
Would a https://wiki.project1999.com/Flowing_Black_Silk_Sash
be good for him?

Does it stack with the spell haste from
https://wiki.project1999.com/Illusion:_Werewolf
Does that stack with song haste?
Old 10-04-2019, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Bard melee damage sucks. There I said it plain and simple. They make up for it in every possible way however. Their songs give them access to tons of utility and they get almost every skill.

I think no, bards don't benefit from haste items much. You'll probably feel more rewarded quad kiting OR charm splitting 2 mobs and killing them both.

The http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide sort of explains how haste and stacking it works.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard melee damage sucks. There I said it plain and simple. They make up for it in every possible way however. Their songs give them access to tons of utility and they get almost every skill.

I think no, bards don't benefit from haste items much. You'll probably feel more rewarded quad kiting OR charm splitting 2 mobs and killing them both.

The http://wiki.project1999.com/Haste_Guide sort of explains how haste and stacking it works.
I get chunked when I try and charm split if it's a narrow space.
I fear kite a lot and I feel like haste and better weapons would cause the mobs to die sooner.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

At LOW level bards do fine melee damage. Up until others get/have double AND it is high enough to start firing more consistently they actually contribute plenty of damage. In that range haste is a game changer.

Bard melee dps really starts to comparatively tank in the 30s and plummet from there.

From 50 and up I generally an advocate for bards putting their weapons away more often than not and using instruments
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-04-2019, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At LOW level bards do fine melee damage. Up until others get/have double AND it is high enough to start firing more consistently they actually contribute plenty of damage. In that range haste is a game changer.

Bard melee dps really starts to comparatively tank in the 30s and plummet from there.

From 50 and up I generally an advocate for bards putting their weapons away more often than not and using instruments
This is great info, thanks. He's 37 currently.

I don't swarm or swarm charm.

I only plan on getting him to 52 as a dragon alt unless I also get my shaman to that level and free him of that job.

With those 3 things in mind does that make it worth it enough to buy an fbss or better or nah?
Old 10-04-2019, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is great info, thanks. He's 37 currently.

I don't swarm or swarm charm.

I only plan on getting him to 52 as a dragon alt unless I also get my shaman to that level and free him of that job.

With those 3 things in mind does that make it worth it enough to buy an fbss or better or nah?
Just grab some schw on the cheap. Always nice to have some worn haste even if bards melee dps sucks. Worn haste will stack with your song haste or werewolf spell haste. Song haste and spell haste do not stack. Your v2 haste at 50 and 60 stacks with any type of haste, but no combination will ever exceed the haste cap relative to your level range. Bard overhaste wasn’t a thing until later expansions.
Last edited by Crede; 10-04-2019 at 10:34 AM..
Old 10-04-2019, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Bards get some pretty good ratio weapons to Twink with too. They melee better than people think until 40ish when they start to fade. But until then get some haste, twist haste song and slow on the mob you're fighting and you will be meleeing pretty effectively.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just grab some schw on the cheap. Always nice to have some worn haste even if bards melee dps sucks. Worn haste will stack with your song haste or werewolf spell haste. Song haste and spell haste do not stack. Your v2 haste at 50 and 60 stacks with any type of haste, but no combination will ever exceed the haste cap relative to your level range. Bard overhaste wasn’t a thing until later expansions.
Forgive my noobness what does Schw mean?

I noticed werewolf haste doesn't stack with bard song haste? This means it's better than The jonathons line until the mid 40s one... I had JWW in my set list when I fight, is it worth replacing* with something else now?
Any advice?

Even when I get the slightly better one 48% haste to 40% on werewolf, given that werewolf can do most of that is it more optimum to use another song.
Last edited by Tobius; 10-04-2019 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: Additional info.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

SCHW = http://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps
Old 10-04-2019, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blingy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahhh those are on my bookmarks I'm aware of them.
Closed Thread