Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Default Bard Mezz/Regen

How viable is this strat.

Context been a battle bard but know that's coming to an and soon.
I actually love 2 charming or single fear kiting.
But I've been doing paineel skeleton guards for a satisfying combo of exp/plat.

Went a way for a level or 2 and Came back to find the skeletons that are Blue are too tough now.

Can nearly beat them but they beat me up more... Can't fear kite cuz social aggro and lack of space. Don't feel safe charming 2 cuz they chunk my hp between breaks.

I heard about the tactic of mezzing, regening to full and going back at em. Do you think that'd work here?

Either way, do you swap instruments, when doing this? Just mezz instrument or regen instrument? Any other songs? Can you mix hp/mana with HP?
Old 10-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Hymn should stack with Cantana (for HP regen).

Mezzing to regen HP back up should be just fine, just expect them to regen 5+% during the duration you are regenning.

Mez instrument...is wind (flute). The only time I explicitly equip a wind instrument is for invis (which requires the instrument). I wouldn't bother that swap, it does not increase the duration nor does it affect chance to land. It only affects chance to "missed note" (fizzle).

If you have room, generally dot/snare kiting with drum is more efficient than melee. This is even more true if you have the room to fear. Bard melee is laughably bad: DW caps at 210 (war 240, monk 252, rog 245); 1HB/1HS caps at 225 (war 250, monk 252, 250).

But if you have the room to fear kite, you should have the room to combat charm the 2 mobs down. The reason to use melee is tight quarters like LGuk. In that case, you may still be better off DoTing instead of melee. But if you melee, songs are: HP regen, slow/snare, DoT (swap to instrument), DoT2 (swap instrument), self-haste. 5 song twist is hard to maintain while getting beat on, so decide whether DoT2 or self-haste is better. DoT2 will be only 2 weapon swaps (regen-lute to DoT-drum), while selfhaste is like 8 (melee-DW (x2), regen-lute, melee-DW (x2), DoT-drum, melee-DW (x2)). Or don't swap drum in for DoT.

But regen-lute is powerful healing. It is significantly better than chloro: 15HP/tick with 1.8 string mod (epic) vs. 10hp/tick for chloro at L39 (Sham, earliest gained). 17HP/tick with 2.0 string mod (vendor lute) at L39, or 18HP/tick with 2.1 string mod (Lute of the Gypsy Princesses).
Old 10-07-2019, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hymn should stack with Cantana (for HP regen).

Mezzing to regen HP back up should be just fine, just expect them to regen 5+% during the duration you are regenning.

Mez instrument...is wind (flute). The only time I explicitly equip a wind instrument is for invis (which requires the instrument). I wouldn't bother that swap, it does not increase the duration nor does it affect chance to land. It only affects chance to "missed note" (fizzle).

If you have room, generally dot/snare kiting with drum is more efficient than melee. This is even more true if you have the room to fear. Bard melee is laughably bad: DW caps at 210 (war 240, monk 252, rog 245); 1HB/1HS caps at 225 (war 250, monk 252, 250).

But if you have the room to fear kite, you should have the room to combat charm the 2 mobs down. The reason to use melee is tight quarters like LGuk. In that case, you may still be better off DoTing instead of melee. But if you melee, songs are: HP regen, slow/snare, DoT (swap to instrument), DoT2 (swap instrument), self-haste. 5 song twist is hard to maintain while getting beat on, so decide whether DoT2 or self-haste is better. DoT2 will be only 2 weapon swaps (regen-lute to DoT-drum), while selfhaste is like 8 (melee-DW (x2), regen-lute, melee-DW (x2), DoT-drum, melee-DW (x2)). Or don't swap drum in for DoT.

But regen-lute is powerful healing. It is significantly better than chloro: 15HP/tick with 1.8 string mod (epic) vs. 10hp/tick for chloro at L39 (Sham, earliest gained). 17HP/tick with 2.0 string mod (vendor lute) at L39, or 18HP/tick with 2.1 string mod (Lute of the Gypsy Princesses).
Hey bud, thanks for the additional usefull info this came through during my first attempt!

Cool yeah just used guitar to regen, didn't use mezz instrument, hardly ever resisted, and twisting only 2 of the songs is plenty of a buffer to resing mezz.

He's really not that much stronger so I don't need to regen all my hp, just enough to give me a viable lead in the fight!

Yeah deffo more of a guk situation here. If I rot he can't be mezzed as I understand it. They all can be feared into social aggroing something and the one I was after gets C-Healed if he goes too near a building.
Last edited by Tobius; 10-07-2019 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-07-2019, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Mezz + Regen is the classic Bard version of "uh oh". Lets you heal up and start the fight over, hopefully on a pre-slowed enemy and you self-hasted.

Also if there are 2, use Lull and/or charm to turn the odds in your favour.
Last edited by Aaramis; 10-07-2019 at 04:46 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 10:38 AM
Banned

Have no words for this

Amazing
Old 10-08-2019, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

Don’t forget you can snare and fear once below 20% and they won’t move.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t forget you can snare and fear once below 20% and they won’t move.
Yeah even with that I was too close for comfort.
I thought it was 25% but I guess that last 5% was disappearing too quick for me to notice it was actually 20%

I think at least one of them must be like a warrior and go into a berserker frenzy or something because I'll be winning and then he'll go fucking crazy (like a boomer who's had it calmly explained to them that if they don't want their grandchildren to live in a mad max esque hellscape they need to eat less meat and fly less), and suddenly he's chunking my HP and I can't gauge if I'll get him to 20% and land slow and fear or if he'll get me to 0%
Old 10-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mezz + Regen is the classic Bard version of "uh oh". Lets you heal up and start the fight over, hopefully on a pre-slowed enemy and you self-hasted.

Also if there are 2, use Lull and/or charm to turn the odds in your favour.
Yeah paranoid about s critical resist and them chunking my hp down between charm breaks.
Last edited by Tobius; 10-08-2019 at 11:33 AM..
Old 10-08-2019, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah paranoid about s critical resist and them chunking my hp down between charm breaks.
Absolutely happens. Died more than once from a charm break or resist, but then so has every Enc, Necro, Druid, etc.
Closed Thread