Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

They cant tell people what they can and can't loot. So a stance would be pointless. I'm pretty sure they rather pieces go to toons who could actually use then but they cant mandate it.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGHpnotiq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't gotten my Monk into KC/Chardok yet but I hear horror stories of how greedy people are over MQ'able items like that. Just curious if the Staff has an official stance on that and/or if that stance is changed with the new policy not supporting MQ'ing
There's no need to be concerned with "horror stories" about pugs who don't give a crap about people they don't know or about the staff policing the server with PnP. Just go kill doggie bodyguards with a few friends, and you'll have no problems (and more fun). GG.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:03 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So every time someone messes up a MQ they will petition saying they thought they were scammed. Will you then look and say "yes all items where handed in just in wrong order your lose" or will you say " Yes they were handed in wrong order" and fix it? If the latter then whats the point in even saying you dont approve and if the first then no class that can use the final item from a MQ will ever find a buyer for that MQ because they could just hand in the item after you and get the finished product and you wouldnt do anything about it.
Way to take a simple concept and drastically overcomplicate it.

Scamming != People screwing up. If you think you were scammed (i.e. the player told you he had an item he did not), petition. If either one of you screws up then you are, by definition, screwed.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

Furthermore, I'm always frustrated at some people who try and make this an "If A then B" concept for everything the CSR staff does.

Guess what? We're humans, and no matter how much we add a rule for A and B, someone will attempt to abuse it. The CSR staff is also pretty smart, and can help dissect a situation and make an intelligent decision.

GM discretion. It's a beautiful thing.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Furthermore, I'm always frustrated at some people who try and make this an "If A then B" concept for everything the CSR staff does.

Guess what? We're humans, and no matter how much we add a rule for A and B, someone will attempt to abuse it. The CSR staff is also pretty smart, and can help dissect a situation and make an intelligent decision.

don't worry Ephi, there are many forum users just like me, who read your statements and appreciate them. we just dont post often. troll will be trolls, the real community gives you a thumbs up. and that goes to all gms not just you!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:31 PM
Aviak

I'm confused. IF, "the correct items were turned in using the correct order.", why would there need to be a petition? Is there any instance of a quest not working when that happens? If so, then it needs to be addressed as a bug with no relation to MQ.

Or are you trying to say MQ's will no longer work as intended? (or As intended, MQ's will no longer work?) See the difference?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If anything you should be happy people come up with "what A then B" concepts that way you can figure out what the answer is before you actually have it happen. Just saying my example will be used plenty. Good luck though hope it works out for the server.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
don't worry Ephi, there are many forum users just like me, who read your statements and appreciate them. we just dont post often. troll will be trolls, the real community gives you a thumbs up. and that goes to all gms not just you!
^^^^ This
Old 08-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

Why not just get rid of it altogether?

The same thing that happened with account trading is going to happen here, i.e. more and more people scamming until it's outright banned. Why don't we just skip the scamming part this time? Scammers aren't going to care even if you do go after them because they will just be low level characters without any ties auctioning fake MQ's, just like they did with account trades.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Great change and great idea! Thank you Deus Ex Machina. Guess I should go take my meds, huh naysayers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread