Default Lag issues

I'm new to p99 but not new to eq.

My setup is :
GeForce GTX 760
Intel i7-2600 cup @ 3.40GHz
16GB Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium

The issue i'm having is this:

Right when I installed Titanium and got up and running on p99 i had no lag at all.

Then by lvl 7ish in east commonlands I got really choppy after playing for a little bit and when it was raining. My lag meter didn't change or jump around, it's 100% 101ms, however now there's a single red asterist under the 1 of the 100%.

I've tried many things and can't figure it out.

Any help or insight is appreciated.

Kausali
Old 08-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs up lag issues??

ok first
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical

https://wiki.project1999.com/Duxa < one of the best tools for EQ.
If you have a good fresh install use the all in one.

I lag some in EC and my rig is an razyn 1800X xfx580 x2 32GB ram M.2 evo 500GB

I normally hit around 30ish ms ping times to the web server. I just try to stay out of EC unless I need to be there.

The all in one tool really helped me out, also you can change your UI hide bodies,names and what ever else to lower your needs.

Also what internet type are you using fiber 50/50 or copper 30/30?

The project 1999 servers are on the eastern seaboard of the US. Distance is a factor also.

NAMPUS EPIC gnome MAG
Wyman EPIC halfing WAR
Old 08-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Goodest had lots of good suggestions, but I'd just add one more: play with your graphics settings. On my laptop I used to crank all the graphics settings up, but then I started seeing intermittent lag. After awhile I realized I could have every last setting on max ... as long as I didn't enable shadows.

Don't know if you have shadows enabled specifically, but my point is more that if you play with the graphics settings you might find that certain ones cause the lag.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/memory/ramdisk

This helps. Get the free version and delete the unused files in the everquest folder to clear out space if you need. Some zones don't exist in P99.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Goodest had lots of good suggestions, but I'd just add one more: play with your graphics settings. On my laptop I used to crank all the graphics settings up, but then I started seeing intermittent lag. After awhile I realized I could have every last setting on max ... as long as I didn't enable shadows.

Don't know if you have shadows enabled specifically, but my point is more that if you play with the graphics settings you might find that certain ones cause the lag.
The shadows have always been an issue for me on every system. Honestly, I don't like the way they look so I keep them disabled anyway.

-Mcoy
Last edited by mcoy; 08-10-2017 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: double statement